Posts from Splinter in thread „Are Argentines racist?“

I have not doubt about this. All is fake in this class of people.

Just made the comparison with Juliana Awada, the wife of Macri. She is from arab stock, and she never tried to appear a northern european lady. However, she

looks more authentic than the other one.

Arab stock?

If you want to be inside the high class, I mean, educated people, well mannered, some aristocratic entourage, and also among the great corporations in the highest level.

That is the plain truth. For that reason, the look of the late Maradona is exactly the opposite of that kind of person. Although for many, Maradona is an idol.

The look of the late Maradona? What look, exactly?

Negro de mierda is generally someone who an Argentine thinks is stealing their work or doesn't work or is a K supporter or who is on social security.

Add other descriptions at will...

But it's not racist as such. I'd also add that political correctness hasn't yet pervaded Argentine society as much as everywhere else.

During my fifteen years of living in Argentina I've maybe seen about a dozen black people, half a dozen muslims, hardly any Indians/Pakistanis and often wondered why.

It does seem that a few hundred years ago, attempts were made to whiten the general population and to bury any afro connections under the carpet.

“There are no black journalists or politicians, but Argentina’s poor barrios are full of Afro-descendants. So are our prisons, just like in the United States.”

Argentines are racist, but are loathe to admit to to it.

Time to challenge Argentina’s white European self-image, black history experts say
    New generation of researchers say country must confront its ‘erasure of blackness’ and the structural racism that exists today
    www.theguardian.com