Posts from Carlos in thread „“Shithole” in Argie Spanish“

I always admired the words of Winston Churchill, who said "At War, Resolution; at defeat, Dignity; at Victory, Magnificence"

I think that those "many people" you quoted, and I know perfectly that there are here, lacks "magnificence". A term that needs to have a gentelmanly education to acknowledge its full meaning. For the majority, "magnificence" means only lavishness.

However the bolivians here have a good reputation for being hard workers. All the construction crew has several bolivians inside. I worked as an architect with bolivians and I have not any claim against them. Very good workers and very gentle, and show respect to their supervisors, as I was indeed.

The same accusation was made in the last part of the XIX century to the italians, who made all the bridges, embankments and railway stations ruled by English architects and technicians. And this is utterly apparent in the magnificent works going along our railways.

It is very easy to criticize the "sweat" inmigrants, as they do not look as white collars employees, and are also poor. It is not gallant nor fair to hit the weaker ones.