Posts from Carlos in thread „Image of the day“

About ten years ago I met a guy from Glasgow busking in the Subte .

He was playing classical music on his Violin.

I took him for lunch - an interesting guy, a pupil of the Glasgow Conservatory, travelling round Latam.

That was not the case. Imagine the contrast between his music and Classical music.

Today I have had a very bad experience when I was traveling in the subway C line.

Suddently a "popular guitar player" appeared in the carriage and began to play his caribbean music (which I do not like). But the worst was that he connected his guitar to a loudspeaker, which was unbearable.

At the end of his performance I told him that this was an invasion to the personal room that one must respect. He was not outside, was inside the carriage.

To my surprise, several passenger gave him a tip. I am assuming that I am an enemy of the poor people that tries to have money with this almost useless activities,

I cannot imagine doing this in a London subway

The serenity of this scene - you could almost be there.

Similar landscapes can be found in the highlands of the Sierra Cordobesa thread, especially in the Provincial route number 25 from Carlos Paz to Salsacate, near Los Gigantes, a mountain of 7500 feet high. Also in the route from Ascochinga to La Cumbre.

This is especially quoted in defense of the landscapes of Cordoba, in my point of view mistreated by the visitor, perhaps because of not knowing the good things that you can find in that province.

Don't ban Spam....not the kind you can eat anyway. Seem to remember there was a type you could fry which was pretty tasty although God only knows what was in it.

Here there was a similar product called Viandada. Now it is not available.

Not that bad, I used to like it. I never asked what kind of meat was there...

We argentineans were the most important providers of this kind of corned beef during WWI and WWII. It was used to feed the soldiers in the front. Even the tinplate nox was conical, and a small key opened it without the use of any other instruments.It was easy to open.

Also Uruguay was an important provider. There was a brand "Fray Bentos" which appears in all the photos of the trenches of WWI. Fray Bentos is a town near Colonia del Sacramento, and was an important center of industrial beef production. Now is all abandoned and is being researched by industrial archeologists.

African poison-dart frogs,no doubt.

I never heard about the frogs with poison, but, yes, in Africa this could be possible.

Fortunately our frogs are welcomed, They eat mosquitos, and they live inside the grass, They are very useful.

I thought he was chatting with Massa?

The Pichetto chat was a days ago. Now Lavagna is chatting with Massa.

Evidently, they look for a new alternative that will put CFK in oblivion. However, they

do not allow the Congress to withdraw the "fueros" of CFK for being put in jail.

They still defend her, however she is a stumbiling block for the future of peronism.

It seems that he is chatting with Pichetto, a peronist that do nor wish to be associated with CFK, to talk for a new alliance of what we call a "Republican Peronism".

that means to make more civilized that party.

Pichetto is now the head of the opposition in the Congress.

I never understood why Kirchner fired Lavagna. Perhaps he wished free hand for making the grat "sack of Rome" in our history-

Or perhaps Lavagna was akcnowledged that the robbery already was going on.

The great advantage of Lavagna (74 years old) is that he is an experienced expert. Nothing to do with those "Young prominencies" that appears to be so brilliant, and then they do not foresee the disaster.

UK man wrote:

That's why Macri was left with a massive pile of other people's shit to clear up. I feel sorry for the bloke...

And I add: Macri never had a majority in the Congress. That is a great disadvantage if you wish to clear up all the mess previously done.

Mr Glasgow said: if we get between 25 and 30% we will be doing fine.....

That is what I presume, as well. One cannot end the inflation process in a short time. (unless we were Germans or Israelis, which we are not)

The great mistake of Macri was not following the advice of Machiavelli in "The Prince".

If there is an evil to do, do it at once. Then, do the benevolent things gradually.

With a Government's support for women which are not willing the unborn child, this could be quickly arranged. Too much money is lavishly spread in politicians, privileged retirements and many other issues, without killing the unborn.

It is very common that here the winter comes late. Perhaps at the end of May.

It is important to get acquainted that we are at 34° Latitude South. If you think in Europe, this is

crossing the northern part of Africa. Therefore, no wonder about the persistence of warm weather.