Posts from SpaceNut in thread „Fast food delivery“

Apps like Rappi are increasingly not just about take out/fast food. You can find full restaruants, but also supermarkets, meat shops, vegetable shops, bakeries, etc. Essentially the shops you would find on a busy commercial street in Buenos Aires. It means I can avoid going to many of these places and rubbing shoulders with the rabble.

As for cooking, I hate it and am so-so. Completely overrated past-time... although I would say that considering I hate it. Still, needs must and sometimes I will waste minutes/hours of my life rustling something up. One of my big achievements in my marriage has been convincing my wife cooking is a drain of time and energy. Not once do I expect her to cook for me. Her family are aghast because somehow in Argentina a wife in her 40s is still expected to be home-maker first, anything else second or not at all.

I love cooking as a pastime, the smell of freshly cooked food, yummy

Maybe you're nuking your food too much

Although my wife can cook I'd say I do most of the cooking. I can't be that bad at it as she's perfectly happy to let me get on with it. Apart from a couple of things most carry out food available here isn't great.....to be honest it's fucking boring. To be fair most of it isn't to my taste.

As for takeaways, they are better than my cooking, maybe its because I tend to miss the salt when cooking, but considering that most foods already contain salt, do I really need to add it again?

The only takeaway I can't stand anymore is Maccies. I guess that kind of hits everyone once they start cooking healthy foods

Doesn't anyone know how to cook these days? I've mainly cooked during lockdown, something that I've never done. Yes, I have ordered, but like I said, I don't order online. Especially after my experiences with a big company beginning with A

It really has become the thing to do here, but for different reasons to what they may be in the UK. Safety being the primary reason.

I get your point, but none of the fast foods apart from Maccies, Burger King and KFC have been closed due to the pandemic. I haven't even been to Maccies for years, just can't stand their burgers anymore, it really does taste like rubber or paper

I don't order online for takeaways, I prefer to order in person at the place itself. Grant that there are places that are remote that need them, but I don't