Posts from Rice in thread „Catherine Deneueve's opinion on women and harrassment“

One element that changes the playing field is whether the man is in a power position that could cost the woman her job or cause her other problems if she refuses? Weinstein, check. Al Franken, probably no check. Trump when he paid a hooker for her silence, no check. But Trump grabbing women by the genitals, check. Kevin Spacey hitting on contemporaries, no check. But Kevin Spacey hitting on a teenager, check.

The Grand Canyon between flirting and assaulting shouldn't be ignored. Nor should familial embraces bring on charges of "Uncle Pervert."

But a correction in the mostly one-sided, and very real, harassment problem, and the environment that fosters it, should have taken place decades ago. I feel bad for the fairly innocent people who are caught up in it, but I am relieved that it will no longer be a situation that is tolerated in private life, business, or (almost all) government.

I suspect that Catherine is talking about more benign scenarios than the infamous Casting Couch, but who knows? Vive la 'wild and aggressive' France?