Posts from Semigoodlooking in thread „Extending TV to another room“

I am currently in a furnished temporary apartment for six months. I have a couple of problems starting out and could use some help or advice.

1. The internet connection is shared amongst the 7 apartments in the building. While it sometimes works ok, there are drastic dips where it disconnects or won't work for 30 mins. I have two kids doing Zoom classes, my wife studying online, and I work online. Not to mention, entertainment etc.

• So, are there any devices available here that allow me to set up my own Wi-Fi such as from 4G?
    • And, what about Wi-Fi repeaters/extenders. Do these really work?

Perhaps the owner will let me connect our own internet but I have my doubt.

2. There is only one small TV in the living room. That's fine because I brought my TVs for the kids rooms and ours. Problem is, there is no cable in the rooms. Honestly, that's not a problem for me but it is for the kids and wife. I know I can extend the cable, but doing so in this apartment layout would require some holes and maybe drilling, which I don't want to do in a temporary place.

Does anyone know how I can get the basic cable channles (mostly the Argentine ones would be fine), are there any products that allow it, or any online services. We all have smart TVs.