Posts from Splinter in thread „Quote of the week“

Alberto Fernandez, today:

"Much of Argentina's inflation is self-made, it's in people's heads".

You simply cannot make this stuff up!

Source.

Note:

Paraguay has annual inflation at 8%, a country with far less resources that Argentina which has a monthly inflation rate of 5%.

Today from the minster of employment, Kelly Olmos who, like most Argentines who don't have to worry about 100% inflation, consider the world cup to be a welcome relief from the troubles of the country.

Then we continue to work on inflation, but first we want Argentina to win," she said, and continued: "I think we have to work all the time on inflation, but one month is not going to make a big difference. On the other hand, from an emotional point of view, from the point of view of what it means for Argentines as a whole, we want Argentina to win".

I just asked an ally of a cabinet minister who is in No 10 calling on the PM to go: what would happen if he refuses?

"Then Boris Johnson won't have a cabinet," came the swift reply.

I take that all the white space is the toilet paper?

And let's not forget one his others:

"Having dollars in your possession isn't a crime."

Really? Or perhaps he meant that it is in fact a crime?

Yyesterday in a heated TV debate, cabinet chief, Santiago Cafiero made a wonderful Freudian slip.

“Tenemos que promover el ahorro en dólares”

"We have to promote savings in dollars"

For those who don't realise, Argentina now has one of the strictest exchange controls in the world and the president wants us all to save in toilet paper pesos.

“Tenemos que acostumbrarnos a ahorrar en pesos y dejar los dólares para la producción” The president.

We should get used to saving in pesos and leave dollars for national production.

And pigs might fly.