Posts from UK Man in thread „US Presidential Elections 2020“

You have denigrated Biden several times, so naturally I’m curious about which of the Democratic candidates you feel would have been better? Remember that he was the clear moderate in an election when republicans were already rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of running against a candidate of an ethnic minority, gay, too liberal, too outspokenly pro-choice, too pro-business regulations? Am I missing someone who could have clearly been a better choice? Remember that this was a referendum against a demonstrably crooked president, and squeaky-clean Biden has had background checks for decades.

And only a fool would vote against a 77-year old slim, healthy, stable and scandal-free candidate in favor of a 74-year morbidly obese incumbent who is unanimously acknowledged to have bungled the nation’s response to the coronavirus and has demonstrably lined his pockets at public expense?

I would have preferred that Barack Obama were the candidate, of course. Or Biden with an oratorical and charisma injection. But given the field, I am curious about which one you would have chosen, UK Man ?

You're taking my comments far too seriously Rice. Yer man is going to be the next President.......celebrate and enjoy. :thumbup:

The BBC pundits last night were criticising the Democrats for having Biden as their candidate. Old and out of touch with the majority of the population they said and I have to agree. Bit of an own goal it would seem.

The only reasons he might not be held accountable would be

A) the new administration’s preference to put all energy into the future, not the past, and concern about the near-impossible task about reuniting a country that has become so violently torn apart, or

B) the statute of limitations for some of the crimes will have run out while he was under the protection of his office.

Seems to be run along similar lines to Argentina when it comes to accusing Presidents of corruption....:rolleyes:

Not sure which part I saw but it was both hilarious and uncomfortable to watch so I switched it off.

Trump is Trump...you know what to expect. Biden doesn't seem to know how to play it which I suspect might be his downfall.