Posts from Splinter in thread „Police brutality“

I know exactly where he stands, but it is interesting to see the rants long after the previous president left office. But seriously, questions are being asked about Biden's word stumbling. Those clips weren't doctored.

As for George North, I know the police are not allowed to murder apprehended suspects, but as it stands, he has now become the banner for BLM, taking the knee and anti-racism in spite of the fact that he was a convicted criminal.

There's always another side.

This Australian commentator for Sky News (OZ) may be very right wing in his views and God knows we've all heard enough of George Floyd and BLM, but he makes a fair point later on when referring to North's criminal activities.

I've been stopped on my bike more times than I care to remember - sometimes every single day in CABA. The simple fact is that if you don't present your documents to them, you don't pass GO and your bike will be retained.

I have questioned them about this, but then they the become like robots and spout the usual diatribe, blah blah.

No docs, you're fucked.

Much better than the cops here who ask for everything including the colour of your socks. It's a police state here which the UK is not by a long shot, thanks goodness.

Now he knows what happens when you constantly disobey an order from the police.

You miss the point entirely. He is black and KNEW he would be treated as such, or worse, shot dead.

The US is and has been for a long time, a police state in all but name.

From what I saw I'm inclined to agree. However I don't know what information the officers had been given which led them stopping the bloke in the first place. Must admit my first thought was why didn't he just do as he was told and get out the car? He was asked several times.

Because he's black and he knows what happens to blacks when stopped by the cops, therefore he probably reasoned that he was safer in his car.

They apparently stopped him because he had a new car with delivery plates on the rear window.

In one of the video clips, shot late Tuesday night, a law enforcement officer in an armored vehicle gives bottles of water to a group of armed men that includes Rittenhouse. The officer thanks the men for their help, though they are clearly civilians in violation of the city's 8 p.m. curfew.

“We appreciate you guys,” the officer says. “We really do.”

I had no idea that armed militias were allowed to openly roam the streets.

Do you think it makes any difference if you're black or white skinned?

If this had been a white man, for example, would he still have been shot seven times in the back with his kids watching from the back seat of the car in which he was shot?

So moral of the story, don't turn around or they'll show you.

I really don't know where you grew up Rice but around many parts of the world, when police tells you to stop, you, well stop and in some cases , or else.

There is a time to argue and a time to do as you are told even if you know that could be unlawful , then and after the fact you contact your lawyer and sort things out.

I am not saying what the police officer is right and at the same time i don't go running trying to crucify him.

Also check yourself a bit, you come off a little condescending. Thanks

The police officer deserves to be crucified after shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times. And please don't single me out as a snowflake, anti-police BLM supporter because this incident goes beyond that.

Let me guess....... Trump's fault no?

This is what i see, police stops a guy( guy thinks laws don't apply to him because he is black)he start to walk away from the police, when i'm damn certain the police told him plain and simple to stop, but no, black guys decides it's a great idea to disobey a direct order from a police officer who already drew his weapon and proceeds to reach inside the vehicle. unless this guy was deaf , he shows no intention to comply .........let's recap, police orders to stop , not only he doesn't but he goes to reach for whatever in his vehicle instead.

I would love to hear all these experts in security what was the police officer supposed to do?

He had his three kids in the car and he was going to get a gun from inside the vehicle under those circumstances?

He certainly wasn't supposed to shoot him the back @Mckenna

If you're a black American, you will be shot by police if you don't lick their boots as happened yesterday in Kenosha, Wisconsin where a black man was shot seven times. Seven times.

The man, identified by Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers as Jacob Blake, is in stable condition, according to attorney Ben Crump, who is representing Blake's family.

Blake's fiancée said that Blake was unarmed. The Blake family's attorney Crump said that his three sons were in the vehicle.

It's just emerged that an eight year old special needs boy in Florida, USA, was handcuffed (almost) by police at his school in December 2018 and taken away to a police station.

The tiny kid was crying and clearly will forever have a jaundiced view of the police for the rest of his life. Is this really the way police should behave with small children?