Posts from daniel in thread „Corona Virus in Argentina“

I beg to differ, daniel . Like you, we have known fully vaxxed people who got the virus, which will continue to circulate as long as there are unvaxxed people to spread it. The difference is that unvaccinated people who get infected are 70+ times more likely to land in the ICU and 11 times more likely to die. I’d take those odds any day.

And to the internet-popularized meme that we don’t know what the vaccine does to our bodies?? can many of the experts spreading that cliché say what any of the medicines they take for arthritis, asthma, or ulcers affect their bodies? Did your parents know what the smallpox vaccine would do to your body? Measles/mumps/rubella? Polio vaccine? On the other hand, while we will know more in the future about how Covid affects various organs, we already have hospitalization statistics to show us that the virus itself is terrible for the human body.

I have already had three jabs, and each one was worse than the other, how many more is enough!!!!

That’s because there IS no reasonable answer, Carlos . A relatively small number of people are not taking the vaccine for “religious reasons.” Then there are Anti-Vaxxers, who oppose all vaccinations, including those against childhood diseases. But the majority of those who reject coronavirus vaccination either do so for misguided political purposes or believe conspiracy theories perpetuated on the internet (the vaccine contains minuscule microchips that will allow the government to spy on you, etc.).

It is insane that a first-world nation, with abundant access to high-quality vaccines, has ruined its own chance of defeating the virus because it can’t reach the necessary percentage of vaccinated people. The US leads the world - - but this time, in number of infections, hospitalizations, and death.

It is time to also quit calling this a pandemic of the unvaxxed, as the Omicron variant, really doesn't care. Several in my immediate family, that have been fully vaccinated and some

have already had covid, have been infected or reinfected with the virus. Vaccines help, but do we really know and trust the the information about what these vaccines are doing

to our bodies.

Back in March, when we now know some world leaders knew this was an airborne virus

I am not for sure this has been officially declared an airborne virus, but only that it can be atomized, when expelled, to a point it where it may linger in the air. Humans may have

to evolve with a "covid warning light" that may say "do not approach", until then everyone is a potential carrier. We all took for granted the freedom, before covid.

Maybe it is the counter narrative - weather true or not - that COVID is not that bad and being overblown, this will embolden many people. Then they also see governments breaking the rules of the lockdowns they demand people to adhere by. And also, some people are just unwilling to be X amount of months away from some family members/friends. Breaking the rules of lockdown is something we have seen across countries and not just Argentina, so maybe it's just something more deeply engrained in us as humans, such as being stubborn, an inherent need for social interaction, or both.

OK!! And do you adhere to all safety precautions for COVID?