Posts from Carlos in thread „Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House“

All things being relative, the case could be made that in Norway, the US could be considered one of those "shithole countries." Consider this BBC article:

http://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-internacional-42670535

The US has long needed a tad of humility. Perhaps we are belatedly acquiring it when we are forced to see ourselves through the eyes of other countries. After each presidential election, the losing side's refrain is often "I'm going to move to Canada!' A favorite routine of comedians has become the reply "Canada doesn't WANT you!"

When you belong to a superpower like the USA, it is understandable that some people will become haughty and not humble.

We argentineans were also haughty after 1945 until 1960, when we avoided to make war and we took advantage over all the countries of Latin America. But then we understood the real truth, and intelligent people accepts our biases and problems and our economic weaknesses.

I am relieved now, because Mr Trump did not included us into the "shit countries".

We say: "menos mal"

I was fearing that my 10 years Visa as a tourist could be cancelled.

Of course, I was amazed for his subtle diplomatic language. Cristina had do the same when she said:

"If I am killed, look into the North" in clear reference to the U.S.