Posts from hairyscotsman in thread „Future international flights“

Might be best to keep my mouth shut...I may disappear if they find out I'm publishing their secrets. ^^

The situation here is farcical. We all wear masks for 6 months and it seems not to have made a jot of difference. I suspect the Unions have had a major say in how the government have handled the lockdown.

We are now being told that the stricter the lockdown the more deaths occur..Peru has one of the strictest lockdowns going and over 800 000 cases..This is repeated over and over ..I di have a graph but cant find it....

And yes masks are next to useless and extremely bad for your own health and immunity system

There is an agenda at play......We see it here now with case numbers not deaths...

Wonder if your president and his amigos have shares in the vaccine company in Argentina thats making the vaccine for south america on licence...??

Genuine question...

Just got news the GF flight from Bs to Madrid is now the 16th ..moved from the 12th...which was moved from the 5 th !

The cabotaje situation still unclear ..apparently maybe the 12th...but they are not even willing to say which 10 province governers have said they will not accept flights.

I dont understand why they are unable to make a decision at national level that all provinces must follow...

Or easier to let individual provinces make that decision so they can claim its nothing to do with them if infections spike etc.

I went on infobae after you post earlier and noticed that..was not clear re the foreigners however hopefully she can come here if domestic start up but the governor down in Rio Gallegos is so strict and they have been in and out of phase 1 quarantine so not overly optimistic they will allow flights but at least something is possibly happening..

I have a lufthansa flight on 10th November booked to Rio gallegos...5th time lucky this year hopefully !!

Big rumour today is that the government is about to permit scheduled services for international and domestic services from 1st October.

Watch this space .

Here is hoping...Any rumour on allowing international travellers enter or is this just no more specials but still argentians only but a proper schedule?

Yes its a crazy situation they have put themselves in. As long as they start domestic even on a special flight basis in October i can at least get her over here.

I agree i dont think they will commit to a regular schedule and i cant see that happening until they allow foreigners entry or they wont be the need for that amount of flights.

I would be surprised if they did away with the 14 day quarantine after putting the whole country into lockdown since march..Must be the longest country in quarantine in the whole world and then allow free reign of visitors ..that would be a risk and they seem to be incapable of taking any risks or even making a bloody decision ...And that would kill the tourist season i would imagine..

Its just a mess

Every fucking thing is closed. We can't even apply for a marriage license, a process I started more than 12 months ago.

its a nightmare ..i can only imagine the problem she is going to have getting her original birth certificate as she was born in cordoba and it needs apostled if she is to bring it here as its possible we can marry in ireland as we are just wanting the paperwork done. Good luck with your situation |!

Was a thought John but not possible as she needs to apply for a wedding visa in person in Bs and taking aside the logistics the bloody visa place is closed due to covid...could not script this...

So in your opinion when do you think they will allow entry for non Argentinians ...I assume they have pretty much given up on this summers tourist season. I cant imagine the hardship that will cause so many.

Thanks hairyscotsman , but I would rather stick to flights in this thread if you don''t mind.

No problem..my apologies.

I cant decide if i should put my november flight off until after new year and keep the GF here once she manages to get to Bs and then flying to me in Scotland...Flights are expensive to bring her and her son over..1000 pounds each ..thinking i might as well keep us together for as long as possible. I did not expect the non entry of foreigners to still be in place for so long given the virus is loose everywhere. Wedding booked for january 16th ..might not make that ...:(

A friend of ours who lives in Uruguay and was due to fly to BA on Monday has just had her flight cancelled because she apparently didn't have a compelling reason to come here, even though she's Argentine with Uruguayan citizenship. Her man lives here and they haven't seen each other since March.

I fear that the Argentine government will keep this up until at least the end of December.

Ohh that is not good. Was the whole flight cancelled or just her tickets do you know? I thought as an argentine citizen she did not need a reason to come home

For those of you living in Argentina in your opinion how long do you think they will continue to deny entry to foreigners. The fact the virus is everywhere and virtually all other countries have started international flights makes this all the more frustrating.

So Aerolineas cancelled my Bs to Rio gallegos today on 3rd September but not my return on the 25th ...Which clearly i cant use..

I do notice that from 18th September they have there schedule up for that domestic route again but cancelled the 1st to 18th..

So infuriating as i now either want her to come to UK or get a flight to Cancun and we can have 3 weeks in Tulum.....both of which would be possiblefrom next week onward if she lived in Bs province but not any other that requires a flight to get to Bs...

This domestic flight situation is farcical and is pretty much keeping her prisoner in her own country..