Posts from Splinter in thread „Enjoying lockdown?“

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet and the lack of lunatic traffic, but that's about all.

The lockdown will reach its six week anniversary soon and I think the hard confinement has now gone far enough for a variety of reasons, not least our sanity, physical health and immune systems.

It's also completely inconsistent. For example, walking to the supermarket which you are allowed to do as often as you like, to a place where where people gather, heightening the risks of infection.

On the other hand, you can't go for a walk where the opportunity of distancing yourself is much better, yet people are allowed to take their dogs for a walk. Wtf?

A curfew is a ridiculous and laughable measure, not to mention the the fucking air raid sirens, both of which smack of suppression and a show of power.

The peace and quiet for me and the ability to earn a little more than I used to.

How is it for you?

This song by Ralph Mc Tell makes me think how lucky most of us are, under the circumstances.