Posts from Splinter in thread „WSC-Connect coming to iOS“

WSC Connect has just been overhauled and if you have the Android version installed, you'll see the difference.

wsc connect - Android Apps on Google Play
    Enjoy millions of the latest Android apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines & more. Anytime, anywhere, across your devices.
    play.google.com

And for iPhone:

‎WSC-Connect
    ‎WSC-Connect verbindet alle deine Lieblingsseiten, die auf dem WSC (WoltLab® Suite Core) basieren, in einer App. Erhalte Push-Nachrichten für neue…
    apps.apple.com

I don't have any Apple devices, so I can't test it.

Tried to download it today for my Android but apparently my phone is too modern. It was made for ealier versions of Android.

Which phone and Android version are you using? I'll take it up with the developer.

It actually works fine on my Samsung Note 20, so I'm puzzled by this.

Have any iPhone users tried the app recently?

‎WSC-Connect
    ‎WSC-Connect verbindet alle deine Lieblingsseiten, die auf dem WSC (WoltLab® Suite Core) basieren, in einer App. Erhalte Push-Nachrichten für neue…
    apps.apple.com

I'd like some feedback if possible.

Could I please ask a favour?

Anyone using the forum on an iPhone and using the WSC Connect app for iOS as posted above, could they please take a screenshot of the forum home page and maybe a thread?

It's a little different from the Android version and I'd like to see how it looks.

Many thanks

For those using the forum on mobile phones, you may want to check out the forum app, WSC Connect, once again. As already mentioned, it's available for both Android and iOS iPhone.

Most people on iPhones will be using Safari and this could be a great alternative as it's faster and more responsive. If anyone needs help setting up, please shout, although once installed, all you need to do is enter your username and password once only.

‎WSC-Connect
    apps.apple.com

WSC-Connect - Apps on Google Play
    WSC-Connect connects all your favorite WSC-Websites in one App.
    play.google.com

This is how the Android version looks on my phone. Very slick indeed and very fast.

If you're on Android, I would highly recommend this app, as it's streets ahead of Tapatalk in terms of smoothness and professionalism.

You can view this forum and add posts, replies and everything else you would normally do on your PC or tablet, but on the move.

Unfortunately there are no plans for an iOS version due to compatibility issues with that operating system.

https://play.google.com/store/…=wscconnect.android&hl=en

EDIT

I've just discovered that WSC is now in the testing phase for iOS, which means that it's heading for release on iPhones.

There's an article here that explains the app progress in German. Open in Chrome and hit translate.

https://cwalz.de/forum/thread/…t-f%C3%BCr-ios/#post10557

WSC-Connect is similar to Tapatalk, but more secure and lets you use the forum on your mobile device. That isn't to say that Tapatalk isn't secure, but WSC-Connect is built specifically for WoltLab Forum software such as this forum.

You can download it at Google Play Store, but it doesn't appear to be available for iOS at the moment though, sorry.