Posts from Rice in thread „Dominic Raab“

The explanation of the structure of various parts of the government was oddly very reassuring. I’m quite sure the US govt isn’t that organized these days, and I rather doubt that Argentina’s govt is, either.

I have to say that it really seems to be a case of just becoming accustomed to staying put and getting used to it, daniel. Since we aren’t discussing economics here, but talking about “how long the world and the human species can survive in lockdown mode,” it seems that we haven’t yet begun to be tested. Think about Londoners surviving week after week of WWII bombing. Think about Anne Frank and her family hiding for 2 years, unable to speak out loud or walk across the floor of their hiding place. Think about WWI and WWII soldiers separated from their families, who had to live in fear and with food shortages.

What we are enduring is so much less. Stay inside and watch Netflix instead of risking your life?

Especially now, daniel . In the US, we daily see the virologists on tv, giving facts and warnings, immediately followed by the heads of government saying entirely opposite things, doubtless with an eye to the approaching elections.

I actually dont believe any of the information the UK government are sending out on Boris or on the whole crisis. They are lying through their teeth,,,,

ouch! I’ve been hoping that the UK might be the only country with enough integrity to tell the truth???

Now I don’t feel so bad about not having heard of him either.

Is there any update on Boris’s condition in the past couple of days? It seems that information is tightly buttoned down.

I’ll confess complete ignorance about Dominic Raab. Could you UK forum members tell us about his background? Is he a Boris Johnson mini-me, feeling that he should make decisions as closely as possible to the way Boris would do, or is he likely to leave his own fingerprints during his brief time at the helm?