Posts from serafina in thread „Goverment buys for 574 million peso food“

I have some wiggle room, but not 10x my original quote. The lawyer said that we can come to an agreement, but 1) she is not even sure she will have to sustain 10x the costs 2) she can do it online exceptionally due to the lockdown, so even less work for the lawyer 3) she knows how much I quoted (1x) and should realized I can’t meet at 5x. She’d need to verify the costs and make me a reasonable offer.

Meanwhile, I am starting to look elsewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even they can't be trusted......as bad as the politicians, lawyers and just about everyone else. ^^

Talking about lawyers... I have a lawyer that helped me requesting a record for a client. Now I have another client who needs ten copies of the same record. On the request form (now online) you can select 10 in the quantity box. However, she now wants 10x the money. Which is 15,000 pesos. Of course I didn’t foresee this and I had quoted the client her usual fee.
    She says she would need to make ten certified copies of the supporting records. I told her I don’t think that’s the case since it is ONE request. I tried to call the government office issuing the certificate but they are not picking up the phone.

I thought lawyers were paid by the hour. 🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha......... serafina I'm surprised u believe that the top head would be let out of the deal......

If I was boss, or if anyone was boss, for sure that would be the most important......: not to forget the boss!!!!!

This is not lunch money!

I think Alberto is not very high in the Campora business chain of command, if he is ever considered part of it full time.

I am REALLY convinced Alberto was put as Head of State just for show, while behind the scenes La Campora resumed business where they had left it 4 years ago.

Cristina definitely knew. Alberto? Maybe not. Arroyo (Alby's guy)? Maybe not... he indeed said the price was imposed to him by the entrepreneurs themselves. This was bigger than Arroyo...

Alberto looks like a fool now.

Just my two cents.

(And you've been calling him a fool forever yourself, @JAN!)

serafina even that woman would not have authorization to sign of 574 million pesos before consulting above!!!!! This is not a lunch ticket, two menu del dia and two coffees!!!!!

I'm quite aware of general hierarchy structures......I worked many years by an American bank...... obviously everything get signed of on different levels and with different importance. This is a huge amount, and also it is a measurement SOMEONE have decided for, not only the purchase, but the idea.....who decide to distribute for half a billion peso food? This woman????? Doubt it!

All the people below the stinky fish can be used as scapegoats and explication........but there is absolutely NO WAY this decision to buy food and to make a 574 million peso purchase was done without Albertos knowledge and acceptance!

I am surprised you think that there is such level of formality in this party where it is all a family/friend business.

(I am not saying she actually authorized the purchase, I am just questioning there is really a chain of command that truly reflects the official capacities).

I’m included in the slight minority in the country who have this knee-jerk reaction. Knowing the Peronists’ reputation, Alberto really needs to go ‘WAY out of his way to demonstrate that his administration is squeaky clean.

This gambit is a real black eye for him.

But if you think past the blaming-game, who is going to prosecute the corrupted government?

If nobody cares, nothing changes.

The world has definitely bigger things to think about, and after all, if this how the people of Argentina accept to live (and vote them), they'll have to live with the consequences.

Who do Arroyo report to????? 🤔

Quote from from the same article

Calvo, exsecretario de Seguridad de Almirante Brown, hombre cercano al intendente Mariano Cascallares , era el nexo entre los intendentes y el Ministerio de Desarrollo Social. Incluso, hace un año, cuando era aún era funcionario del municipio, fue investigado por corrupción. "Fue el que avanzó con la compra", describieron cerca del ministro.

Esta no era la primera experiencia de Calvo en Desarrollo Social. El exsecretario había formado parte del equipo durante la gestión de la gobernadora Alicia Kirchner y responde a el exdiputado y hombre fuerte de AFIP, Carlos Castagneto. Mismo vinculo que mantiene la secretaria de Gestión Administrativa, Cecilia María Lavot , quien autorizó el pago. Algunos dentro de la Casa Rosada ya posaron sus ojos sobre la acción de Lavot en la compra de alimentos un 50% más caros que en el mercado.

They really do a thorough screening of their most prominent political exponents at La Campora. They must have thought he was a perfect fit for the job.

How can you really believe that Arroyo didn't know they were paying premium price? And we are talking 150% not a slim increase...

They were parading how they will fine stores that practice excessive prices to try to exploit the situation, and the next day they buy from them in bulk?!

Corruption is sometimes very complicated to see because of many different links and so on, but this one is so obvious u cannot miss it.

Coming from a country which is worldwide known for its corruption and organized criminal activities, I was appalled to find out how much more naïve is the level of corruption in Argentina.

To be more clear: in Italy there are corruption and organized criminal activities, but they involve companies within companies, subcontracts, hard-to-understand business schemes and family and business relationship between the people involved. They at least try to hide it. It takes a good investigational journalist some months, if not years, to uncover these things. Then people caught by the journalist start saying they are not involved, or that didn't know that X was doing Y, it was all behind their back, etc. There is a proper criminal investigation, a couple or more years later there is a hearing and the claim goes on for another 10-15 years.

In Argentina it is all under the sun, and even a 5 years old (of any nationality but Argentinian) can realize it immediately. Nobody is denying anything, they are either pointing fingers to someone else who did something far worse (according to them) OR simply avoiding to reply to charges/questions. There is no investigational journalism because evidently there is no need to uncover anything, since it's all visible. There is always a court involved and then it ends there. Nothing happens. There is no indignation, no need to at least fake to want to sort it before the justice.

It happened / it didn't happen - then what?!