Posts from serafina in thread „Covid-19 and online shopping“

the delivery thing is a bloody pain at the moment. I need some ink for the printer . Its the same story - will be with you in 3 days . I have cancelled orders...... as no one could give me a definite date .

Don't you have Staples nearby? anyway, starting tomorrow, computer shops are open but working closed-door, so you'll be safe!

I am not blaming smokers for wanting tobacco, I am blaming the buyer lack of empathy. In the middle of a pandemics, buying specialty tobacco, the first thing he thinks is that the seller is screwing him. A Seller that I imagine has a good reputation. And the seller didn't simply protest, but actively insulted the poor man.

Which is why I think it's totally worthless to make business locally. People who are retarded to say at least, insult you for anything that doesn't suit their little brains.

There is a f*ing pandemia going on and they are ordering tobacco, which is not exactly a primary good. I've been called CHORRA by a f*ing illiterate who didn't read the instructions. It was a 7 USD business. Do you really think people scam for 7 USD on non-essential goods? Where have they lived so far? In a hut in Africa? What do they think I am gonna do with their 7 USD?! Buy a yacht or take a vacation in the Antilles?!

serafina . What is the brand name?

00191659.jpg?3.0.107bwhich is the same as this: Tomate-La-Doria-Enteros-Tomate-La-Doria-Enteros-Pelados-X-400-Gr-1-46873.jpg?v=636383741211100000

The brand La Doria was also available in Disco and Jumbo, and later in Coto. Once the Coto-branded cans appeared (small print on the label states it is produced by La Doria in Italy), the blue cans had disappeared from Disco and Jumbo shelves.

Under La Doria, only the whole tomatoes can was available. Under Coto, both diced and whole tomatoes are available. Anyway, you buy a whole one and you can dice it yourself. Or if you cook it to make a sauce, the heat make the tomatoes so tender they become a puré just by a spoon touch.

Bummer!

There is a brand of canned tomato from Coto (imported from Italy) that we used a lot. Last time we bought 10 cans (long before the lockdown) both diced and whole tomatoes. Now it is available for purchase online as whole tomatoes only, but if I select 10 cans it says 'there is not enough stock left or I have exceeded the allowed number of units for purchase'. Which is exactly why I'd rather go to a bigger Coto: I want the diced one and I'd like to buy 10-15 cans. We use it for many pasta sauces and on pizza, not to mention to prepare lentil and bean stews!

When we lived in San Isidro we used to go to the Coto in Martinez, which I believe is the same Coto where Splinter shops.

Occasionally, we went also to the Coto in Bajo San Isidro (the one from the article) and it was dark and damp, but the walking there was nicer (we walked through the casco historico).

There are three Cotos along Scalabrini: one is near Warner, on two floors. One is half-way which is the one near Plaza Armenia, smaller and usually crowded. And then there is the enormous one on Santa Fe and Scalabrini, all shiny.

I like the one on Warner because it's bigger and there are cashers on both floors. But we'd need to drive there.

In my coto in San Fernando they do take the quarantine very seriously...even that it's a huge coto..... they only let in a certain amount of people and after that subsequently only new are let in when others are leaving.

Can you drive to another partido? We need to go shopping this week and we'd like to go to several places nearby. Our idea was me driving the car and my husband doing the shopping, so that he can put the bags in the car while we move from one store to the next. However, we don't know if this is allowed. I am pretty sure he can walk 4 blocks to the Coto on Scalabrini, but it seems stupid to have him walk 4 blocks back with 20 kg of food when we have a car. We'd like to stock up for another two weeks. The less you go out, the better. Innit?

In my local Coto it's practically the same. There are no controls over the number of people that enter, the staff DO NOT practice social distancing with each other and the shoppers don't either.

This is the same complaint that I have read online about different chains and locations, so it is not hard to believe to what the Lady complains about. And the usual head-under-sand of Argentines when in front of their wrongdoings is also sadly something not hard to believe.

Isn't it odd that on local newspapers there aren't any more stories of people not in compliance with the quarantine? In Italy they are still fining thousands of people every day for breaking the quarantine! I can't believe that in Argentina they are all religiously observing it. More likely, the people didn't understand it properly and aren't doing it properly and who is supervising the quarantine isn't either.

serafina you know the news and link is from pagina12?

The lady herself posted the link to the piece on a FB group I am on. Regardless it's on Página 12, I don't think it's made up.

It's terribly written, I agree, like most news articles here.

It looks like customer service is REALLY not their priority, just like Splinter and Rice have been telling since forever :/

"Vieja de mierda, ahora vas a ver quién manda"

Fabiana Donati fue a comprar a una sucursal de Coto en San Isidro, denunció a una encargada que no estaban respetando las medidas de aislamiento dentro del supermercado y terminó golpeada por la policía por pedido de la misma encargada, presa, acusada de resistencia a la autoridad y disturbios. La denucia está hecha en la Secretaría de Derechos Humanos de la Nación y se prepara la denuncia penal para cuando esto pueda realizarse.

Last night I spent hours trying to shop on Coto Digital, the online store of Coto.

Frustrated by the many attempts, I found out that also Dia has an online store, but it is linked to a 'Nuñez branch' (I am in Palermo) where some items are not available.

Having a Día two blocks from here and another 3 blocks from our place, it seems we have better chances to get our grocery shopping done in person, because of a bigger selection, lower price, no delivery charges and faster turnaround.

We tried also Carrefour, that implemented a 'virtual queue'. Mine was just 5 minutes long and I have to say that once the 5 minutes lapsed, the website was working swiftly.

Coto keeps crashing, and requires to login every now and then as a result. Luckily, it memorizes my shopping cart so I don't have to start from scratch every time. Between 2AM and 5AM it works, though.

On FB many people do their shopping through Rappi and Glovo. I have never tried those and I think they display the same items as on the various supermarket website, but you'd use a glovo/rappi guy to actually shop for your. I think the selection is even smaller.

Today, also PedidosYa app was not working, however the website was okay.