Posts from Splinter in thread „Covid-19 and online shopping“

The trick I always use is to see if the vendor gives any hint as their identity (you already know where they are) and if you really must pay through ML, select 'collect myself', then jump on the bike.

Alternatively, hire a friendly bike courier so you know you will definitely receive the goods.

To be fair, the tobacconist has nothing to gain by screwing their customers, but ML's alleged normal delivery is a fucking joke. I kept receiving messages saying 'your order will be with you today' etc, but today didn't come until five days later.

I'm not risking another ML delivery and will collect stuff myself from now on, in that at least I can trust me.

I also realise that baccy is not essential, but once you're addicted...:smiley-on-fire:

What bugs me is ML saying that deliveries are normal, which they are not. It took five days for my baccy to travel 11kms, which was before I got the certificate.

It's also the first time ever that I've had stuff delivered as I always go to collect, bypassing ML if I can.

Here are some recent comments about this on the Tabaqueria Inglesa advert.

From Olivos to UK Man's place (and back of course) is about 340 kms and if I use the most economical bike courier rate of say $10 per km, you're looking at a hefty price.

I'm not sure what ML robots are quoting and it would be interesting to know out of idle curiosity.

That (using a map) doesn't tell us which delivery services are working and which ones aren't. Anyway, with the correct authorisation - ddjj - any delivery service can operate almost anywhere.

https://formulario-ddjj.argentina.gob.ar/descargar/

Tabaqueria Inglesa use MercadoEnvios, sub contracted out to a delivery firm, but it wasn't a motorbike service.

You can use a Mercadolibre filter switch when searching so that it only shows products that have normal deliveries.

:pinched-fingers2:No idea what @JAN is on about.

It’s happening everywhere. My US doctor is still waiting for medical supplies overnighted (ha!) via FedEx on March 25 from a pharmacist just 400 km away, Anticipated delivery date is now April 15.

If your ML delivery takes that long, Splinter , you’ll have kicked the habit by the time it arrives!

Five days to do 10 kilometres?

Hmm, kicking the habit?

:scratchead:

@JAN

Clearly, Friday was a total cock-up by the government who should have foreseen it, bearing in mind that so many pensioners insist on cash and queue up at banks anyway. They already knew this and couldn't or wouldn't recognise it.

My point was that, if everyone does their bit, it all adds up. Even one person fucking around puts hundreds at risk.

In my local Coto it's practically the same. There are no controls over the number of people that enter, the staff DO NOT practice social distancing with each other and the shoppers don't either.

Of course it's possible that one customer would complain in the face of such apathy and in fact, she did call and the implication is that she created a target on he own back as a troublemaker.

There's also the implication that the police are in cahouts with the staff.

I see no reason to believe that this woman is lying and neither do I believe that Pagina 12 is, either. I'm well aware of Pagina 12's reputation as a K publication, but judging from my sometimes hostile experiences in Coto, this come as no surprise. The police? It does still happen, but we never hear about it.

Whilst I applaud Mr Coto's achievements, it's about time he tackled his staff attitude which is apathetic to say the least and often verges on 'I could give a fuck'. He should also look at the cleanliness of his stores and the meat selection is absolutely shit, being bottom of the pile most of the time.

Shopping at Coto is an unbearable experience and the only reason I go is for the 40% booze discount and its proximity for emergencies.