Posts from UK Man in thread „The virus positive effects“

Is the pipe the tea to coffee lovers? Is it an acquired taste not comparable to cigarettes?

Does it taste like cigars?

It's a completely expereince to smoking cigs. More akin to cigars as the leaf flavours in the mouth and nose are far more pronounced. Many pipe smokers are also cigar smokers as well. Cigarettes are of course inhaled more to get the nicotine hit. I do all three for different reasons.

I love the history and the mystique of pipes. My father smoked one when I was a child, and I've always had a fondness for pipes.

Me too Rice. I'm a member of a pipe forum whose members are very knowledgable about such things....so they've been giving me all the info about the pipes history. I had an idea it was a rarity but never imagined it would attract so much interest amongst the pipe community. I only paid 600 pesos for it from a ML seller who mainly sells bric a brac. I've already turned down a lot of money for it as I'm not into buying them for financial gain.

That's a beauty, UK Man . I can't zoom in close enough to see the insignia; can you describe it?

This is the same as the one I have on mine without the 30. It's called the fishtail Sasieni mark due to the squirly bit after the i. They stopped using it after the second world war. My pipe shape is called a Prince after the Duke of Windsor.....he who abdicated from the throne. He smoked a Sasieni pipe.

1dot2b.jpg

Talking about doors....my second pipe purchased on Mercado Libre arrived. A company called Urbano delivered it door to door a hell of a lot quicker than Correo. :thumbup:

Should add the London made Sasieni pipe has been attracting a lot of praise from the online pipe community. Seems it's 100 years old and a very rare collectable.

For some strange reason i don't think this poor girl paid for them, instead, i bet there was some generous older gentleman involved in the purchasing....... come on look at her, she can't even afford clothes!

Well I can assure you it wasn't me. I wouldn't buy her a door knocker never mind a pair.

I'll wait until the sellers send them... especially as they've already been paid for delivery. The problem seems to be they can't gain access to their premises to collect the pipes to send them on to me. Probably an arcade with one main entrance which has been locked. It's a waiting game until the shops are allowed to open again.

Just heard that pipe number 1 is on its way to me a week and a half after buying it. Should have it by the weekend hopefully. :thumbup:

340 km round trip, mate.

I'll wait until the sellers send them... especially as they've already been paid for delivery. The problem seems to be they can't gain access to their premises to collect the pipes to send them on to me. Probably an arcade with one main entrance which has been locked. It's a waiting game until the shops are allowed to open again.

UK Man

Why am I not surprised that a collection in Microcentro on Wednesday hasn't arrived yet, in spite of ML saying that it would be with me the next day? I had direct contact with Tabaqueria Inglesa and added lighter fuel, flints and papers to save them commission, too. I know it was shipped on Wednesday, but where it is now is anyone's guess.
    If it says 'normal shipping', that's what you'd expect. What a fecking joke!

I saw on the Correo site that the office here is open albeit with reduced hours. My wife said she saw the postman on his bike yesterday so they are delivering letters. Maybe parcels are being held up? The bloke in the capital I bought my pipe from on ML said he couldn't send it until the quarantine restrictions are eased. Whether he's using that as an excuse or he's worried about going out just to post it I don't know.

Honestly, with all the odious, inept, even malevolent public figures around, I still don’t understand the blood sport of going after this teenaged girl with Asperger’s Syndrome. Can someone explain the hostility, please?

I don't have a problem with her per se. My problem is with those who might be taking advantage of her.

Perhaps UK Man will be interested because since all kiosks are closed I had to order tobacco, papers and filters through Mercadolibre for the first time ever. In fact, it's cheaper than in any kiosk too, but the only downside is having to pay $350 delivery.

Tabaqueria Inglesa in the centre, as originally recommended by UK Man, are running deliveries as normal and I'm hoping to receive the goods sometime today.

When ordering on ML it's important to use the 'normal deliveries' filter so that only those suppliers that are doing this will actually show.

eg:

Did you receive your delivery of baccy?

Perhaps UK Man will be interested

Although not all Kioscos are open here most of the popular ones are....at least they were. However they do seem to be running out of cigarettes fast.

Think I mentioned I visited two the other day for cigs. The first one didn't have any of the popular brands left so I grabbed one packet of Lucky Strike to try then moved on to the second Kiosco to see what they had. Managed to get some Philip Morris there and going to see if I can get more today.

If it gets worse I shall start rolling my own....a Kiosco in the centre has a large selection of rolling tobacco although last time I was in they didn't have any Golden Virginia. If the current situation goes on much longer I may be forced to order online however I'm not so sure they'll send to outside of the capital.

Biggest positive for me has been the absence of young arseholes zooming about on clapped out motor bikes making a racket at all hours of the day and night. They know they're a certainty to get stopped. Bunch of cowards the lot of them!!

The Chinese will never go tits up because they couldn't give a shit about their customers who will always go to their shops, regardless.

The one in the plaza in Olivos is selling milk at $78 ($46 in Coto) and cigs at $170 ($130 at YPF).

Assholes.

Surprised to hear that Splinter. Right enough, I usually only go to my local Chinese supermarket for rum.