Posts from Splinter in thread „Why are you an expat?“

We don't often moderate this forum, but on this occasion, Mateo has had his username reverted to the original. As for the avatar, that's up to him.

It's not recommended to change one's username, otherwise it's impossible to see who is who and it would end up as a shambles.

Hey, slow down @Mateo

No one is suggesting that you are disruptive or that you go somewhere else.

From what I see, we are a little perplexed by some of your posts. On the one hand you say that we should be honest and open and on the other that there is a lot that cannot be shared on a public forum.

Well that's fine; none of us share our personal and private lives here. It's a public forum, as you say.

Perhaps if you weren't so vague about everything such as what you do, exactly in what concrete way you wish to help people etc etc, we would be so confused. I gave cash money to a begging family outside a supermarket yesterday, for example.

I write novels, build and repair computers, design websites and try to stop our house from falling down. My wife is a chartered accountant here, her son is a film editor and we live in the northern suburbs of BA.

Do you see what I mean now?

I'm not sharing private information, but at least a little, so that people can relate to me.

We'd just be interested to know a little more about you, that's all and I'm glad you're enjoying your time on our forum.

Reminds me of selling on Mercadolibre, where I upload quality photos, write a full and detailed description of the products, yet still they ask idiotic questions like:

Does it work?

What condition is it in?

What colour is it?

Will you give me 50+% discount if I buy today?

Believe me, I get so tempted to answer in Anglo-Saxon.

Anyway, I'm certainly not glued to this country by a long shot.