Posts from UK Man in thread „Corona virus“

He's always been a nutcase...surprised he hasn't blamed extra terrestial beings for it. Unless they are Chinese/Russian ones of course.

Whatever a person’s underlying conditions, no one would choose to catch this virus that pushes people over the line.

Without being slapped in the head with Covid, surely it is better to live with our pre-existing problems than to be hit with Covid-19 and die?

That goes without saying....however we do tend to concentrate on the number of deaths from the virus rather than the percentage of those who have 'survived' it.

Probably mentioned it before but my mother died of a pulmonary edema brought on by pneumonia. She was 77 years young and apart from the odd cold was a very active and healthy woman.

I suspect most people of similar age who die of Covid 19 have underlying causes. Might explain why I think the world has gone f'ing mad!!

I say if your numbers up it's up no matter what the hell it is that causes you to kick the bucket.

About time they stopped all the hysteria over this ruddy virus. It's become a pain in the arse.....talking of which do they have a cure for piles?

Not only here Jan it's happening in the UK and no doubt elsewhere. I know of at least one reserach group who automatically disagree whenever the government ease up on any lockdown rule. They obviously can't predict the outcome when a rule is relaxed so choose the negatives instead. All because they want to secure more funding in order to carry on their reserach into it.

Hard to tell how much government control we are under until the virus fucks off for good. The measures they have been taking might seem extreme but I imagine if they hadn't many people would have been taking advantage of the situation.

I suspect that was theor plan all along...to be seen as being competent in handling the virus situation hence no expense has been spared. After all, the country was in deep shit before it happened so they had sod all to lose anyway. I'm sure they'll end up taking credit for the thousands of lives their actions have saved.

No bad cops here just young and innocent ones who are partaking in a job creation scheme by the look of it. The DNI is an interesting one. Like Splinter said no such ID Card exists n the UK which my wfe found puzzling. I told her it's because Brits are far more trusting. ^^

Several of the elderly group I know, they meet at the river each day for a chat, have been threatened that they could be arrested if they keep circulating. If that would happen, it could escalade in a very nasty way, (the guys are 70-80 years old).

How many of them are there? They're just asking for trouble by doing that I would have thought. Even I'd tell them to shift their arses!! ^^

Thank goodness my vsits to the capital are rare f that's what's going on. Sounds like a different world compared to here where the police are friendly and courteous anytime I've dealt with them.

I have noticed since the virus restrctions started the number of bike riders on the road wearng helmets is running at around 95% compared to the 50% it was before. Not so many numpties ridng old bangers on the road either. They obvously know there's more chance of them beng caught no doubt.

Probably different where I am but from my observations everyone here seem to live quite happily....unless they're freeloaders. They seem to complain the loudest yet contribute bugger all.

How is that, UK Man ? Maybe we’re not talking about the same thing Or maybe our slang is different, but if I’m a professor or gardener or petrol station attendant or dentist, don’t you think they are in deep shit, without having brought it on themselves?

From my observations and experiences living here I'd say the happiest and most genuine people I know are those with the least. Then there are those who are just freeloaders.....usually the ones who complain the loudest.

You seem to know more about me than I do Jan? ^^

You make it sound as if we live the 'life of Riley' Jan but we don't....we actually live quite simply.

I share your sentiment that the country is fucked up however I've never known it to be any different. ^^

Personally I don't see much changing for better or worse for us over the next couple of decades however that doesn't mean I want us to be here in our dotage.

UK Man , are people trying to stay 2m Away from each other, if that is even possible in a bar? And are people wearing face coverings?

No wearing of masks for obvious reasons Rice unless you want to get awfully messy. ^^ From what I've seen it all looks pretty normal to me just like pre virus times. There are restrictions regarding seating at tables but how or whether customers observe them I don't know. No idea about bars but as they're more the haunt of the younger generation I reckon they won't give a shit....and quite right too.

People here are starting to get fed up with it all to be honest.

I'd say no matter how comfortably off you are in this country one can never relax. Nobody knows what the future might hold.