Posts from serafina in thread „Corona virus“

Actually, @Mckenna , I’m thinking of vaccines going INTO Argentina. Which, if any, countries should be trusted?

Latin America is a testing lab for many pharmaceutical companies. I wouldn't trust a vaccine that first comes to Argentina and Mexico. COme one! Of all the human capital of the world, they pick the very best for the groundbreaking vaccine, duh?!

When Fernandez spoke last Friday, he was advised to stop talking about 'quarantine' because it was perceived negatively. So he kept saying that there is no quarantine, indeed, it's been over for a long time (where were we?!).

I was on the fence on whether I should go to the beauty sessions I had bought pre-pandemics, since they are in Recoleta, and I have decided I'll go there anywhere (by car). If someone stops me, I'll tell him there is no quarantine, the Prez says!

I have received this video on YouTube and I wanted to share it:

UK Man, time to update your avatar - I can guarantee the tea is fixed with whisky! ^^

I hope you appreciate the customisation and that I have spelled 'customisation' with s. :saint:

I wonder if some kind of similar meme will emerge from covid-19, which is distinguishing itself as being far more infectious than most if not all previous viruses.

Covid is definitely more democratic than AIDS. I remember that in the early 80s my mom used to bring me to a public park to play after kindergarten, and she insisted on me not picking anything from the ground, and to stay away from syringes and needles. I was 3-4 years old and I still remember it. It was a big park and there were some corners where I was not allowed to go, which were usually the darkest hidden corners used at night by drug users.

How long did it take to establish that AIDS was sexually transmitted?

I remember watching a documentary on Netflix on one of the first doctor who made a career on AIDS, Quiet Heroes. It was tastefully made and described an accurate portray of how the AIDS epidemics was handled in the US.

I must say, the last weeks I have really been missing Scandinavia......would have preferred to have been in Scandinavia I think. Think about yourself.....maybe even you would have been better of in Italy.....

Both during pandemic and after......

Definitely I have been whining a lot in the house lately. I am anyway grumpy during Argentinian winter because my Facebook wall is flooded of pictures of friends on holidays in gorgeous beach locations all over Italy, while here I am wrapped in winter clothes and drag a blanket with me like Charlie Brown (this year, I have upgraded myself to a furry blanket)... but this year is a lot worse.

What bothers me of Argentina right now is that there is no show of good faith - every time I try to give them (the politician, the journalists, the local experts) a little credit/faith, I feel it's a lost cause.

Italy was lost in front of the virus, and definitely the Italian Government had not a lot of credibility in the yes of its citizens after too many dirty tricks played in the past years, but one could really tell our Prime Minister, Mr. Antonio Conte, was really trying his best in these extraordinary circumstances.

He is a constitutional lawyer who has held high offices also in the European Union. It is impossible to compare him to Alberto Fernandez, also a constitutional lawyer... Mr. Conte's manners, education, articulate form of expression, impeccable suits, hair and the look in his eyes are GAZILLIONS of years from the 'Professor'. Alberto looks like the Law teacher in high school who wants to play badass during the School meeting at the end of the year but in reality can't wait to go home.

I am feeling hostage of this country and I am feeling that the shortcomings of Argentina have finally stepped over my personal boundaries on very delicate topics such as the freedom of movement. Unfortunately for us, the world is already too busy to care, and the Argentinian politicians actively burning bridges with most advanced nationals in the past decades aren't helping.

I used to think about Argentina as an immature girlfriend you can have a lot of fun with, but you know it's not going to get serious or last very long. Right now I think Argentina is like the girl who got dumped and insists on telling that she is the one that dumps because she is far better than the rest.

When outsiders analyze Argentina and its pitfalls, Argentina replies 'oh they are envious' / 'they are blinded by capitalism' / 'this was the sixth world power in 1940' ... while the ship sinks.

And seriously, I would much like a quick death of people and return to normality, than a slow death and an eternal quarantine, causing a lot worse problems on top. (if result and amount of death ending up at same number).

Actually, among the things that play in favor of the quarantine are also to let the virus mutate to a less aggressive form, gain more insight on how it works and how to treat it, have sufficient ICU beds to provide hospital care to more serious cases etc.

With 'quarantine' I mean all the various degree of restrictions to contain the spread of the virus, which can range from very relaxed like in the US (do as usual, just keep distance) to medium like in Italy now (do most of things but wear a mask and practice social distancing, if possible) to very strict like in Argentina (go out only if authorized or you really have to).

Besides how the virus behaves, there is also how the people behave. Swedish were not given many restrictions but they followed guidelines. Argentinians were given very strict restrictions and they violated them from the start. So we can observe Sweden doing better than Argentina despite different degree of restrictions.

However, I think it's a syllogism to come to the conclusion that the stricter the restriction the better/worse the outcome. The human factor is that unpredictable factor that can upturn the result completely!

My friends in Italy are going on vacation. They still have to wear a mask in most of the places. At restaurants, you can take off the mask to eat and sit at your table, but if you get up to go to the bathroom, you have to put your mask on.

Of course the virus is still circulating, but at least this way the people can resume some activities and e hopefully can get more insight on the virus, its mutations, and the appropriate treatment, and hospitalization for more serious cases.

I don't know when they set the next deadline on restrictions. Likely, school won't start in September as usual. There is an issue: people have gotten back to work, but schools are closed, and elders are not available to babysit as in the past.

It looks like I spoke too soon because today we can see men at work in several constructions around us, including this one.

Rice, this one is the one right in front of our balcony. I think they were laying down the first floor when you visited us last time and we could hear the jackhammer from here.

Our neighbor... I think he is not here. He mentioned living 9 months per year in Europe where he teaches/work. His house is as it was. He finished the new floor (it was not a shed like he told my husband, it is a proper floor). The City has not done anything.

There is water accumulating on a corner of his terrace. I bet the inside is moldy by now. I think the unit is empty, albeit we can only see the roof/top floor.

His threatens to file a claim against our allegedly illegal terrace windows are so far only words. Anyway, we asked to our architect and he explained the windows were there before the renovation works 10 years ago.

Did they pre-sell a large number of the units, serafina ? I’m sure the buyers are at least as eager as you are, to get the thing finished. It would have been nice if they could have finished it during the past 3 months -

I am basing my observation from ads on Zonaprop... maybe they simply held off the bigger units with the hope to upgrade them eventually and sell them for a higher price, or maybe they were used as payment for the architecture's fee.

It is a small building with just 7 units. Here's the sizes, price and rendering: https://www.nfpropiedades.com.…48-(-PALERMO-)-en-Palermo

This is on Zonaprop as the last unit available: https://www.zonaprop.com.ar/pr…-aer-pasaje-45189670.html

UNIDAD 2 AMBIENTES | 78.57 m2 totales | Departamento 104, ubicado en el 1° piso al contrafrente con balcón terraza.

1723408000.jpg

I am glad there is no construction work going on. It was ongoing and annoying during warm season where we have our windows open all day.

I hope they will finish the big project they'd started in a street nearby and won't leave us with a big empty concrete monster. So far, they did the structure and were starting to make walls.

when i checked out the architecture firm which planned this building, I found out that bigger units were already sold and smaller ones (1 BR) were close to 200 k USD. I feel sorry for those who paid 200 k USD for this concrete shell.

Today I was witness to one of many future showdowns: a mother and toddler with grandmother, younger though, I had a longer chat with......she resist to be bullied into this fake theater and have resisted to be approached or teached anything by any security forces. Today they come with constant vehicles to harass them and people. I meet several of these people each day.......and I'm one of them, just more passive since I'm a foreigner.

When the quarantine started and many families and couples were torn apart or faced with big issues in border crossing because of their citizenship, I was quite reassured by the fact that I naturalized as an Argentinian. Now that the government is starting to remind me of Communist Yugoslavia, I am no longer sure it was a good idea to get a second citizenship, also because you cannot renounce to Argentinian citizenship.

I don't think my Consulate can turn its back to me, but I am not that unique in a country where there is the biggest number of Italians living abroad than anywhere else in the World. Buenos Aires is the biggest consulate of Italy worldwide!

At least someone is honest about it, except that I don't think it will change things. If people didn't respect the quarantine when fear among the population was at its peak, why should they after 90 days of shut down in vain?

Olavarría ostenta el récord en la provincia de Buenos Aires de contagios con más de 91 casos confirmados, aún con una población menor en comparación con jurisdicciones más populosas como Bahía Blanca o Mar del Plata. Debió regresar a la fase 1. “Debemos volver a empezar -resumió el intendente-. La razón es concreta: hubo encuentros familiares, cumpleaños, eventos sociales, asados entre amigos y así se dieron los contagios”. Cuando la localidad se preparaba para inaugurar la última fase de la cuarentena, los contagios se dispararon. Los comercios y las industrias tuvieron que volver a cerrar, volvió la exclusividad laboral para los servicios esenciales, de nuevo al 20 de marzo.

I even believe the test only show the current infected ones, and not the ones already past! So that would then be a huge amount in total!

I haven't been following the news accurately lately, and I don't have the time to dig the relevant details across 20 pieces of La Nación.

What kind of test are done door-to-door? The bogus Chinese tests? I don't think they do PCR for the larger population...

Is this test for active infections or antibodies (past infection)? I find it hard to believe that one in three is currently infected with the virus.

Photos like this are good, and the Cummings thing in the UK. It shows the one rule for you another for us mentality of these people. The layer of bullshit around the lockdown in Argentina is slipping and people are paying less attention to the rules. Yesterday in the few blocks around me it was like a regular Saturday.

I too think that this is not enough to make Argentinians protest. They will simply do what they want. There was a cepo, they found their way around the cepo. There is a lockdown, they will find their way around the lockdown.

Our prick neighbor, the one throwing parties during the quarantine, had Coronavirus ‘with no symptoms really’. The common areas of our building haven’t been cleaned since the start of the quarantine because the cleaning lady is over 60 and severely overweight, so she is at risk.

The administration has not done any disinfection nor else. I think they’ve not been informed about the sick neighbor. My husband just eavesdropped the conversation.

I am pissed because he’s been holding it for so long. My husband and the other neighbor on our floor took turns to clean the common space of our floor (palier). It would have been more appropriate if they had taken extra caution because of a sick neighbor using the common areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every day that go by I'm more and more impressed with the scientifiKKos running the country.....Now after locking up 45 million people for a few months and more in sight, they realize that its time to isolate the more vulnerable barrios that have high density of people and low hygiene standards etc. Great! They are really starting to circle in the problem well!!!!

I think Larreta played this one well and that 'the Trio' (Fernandez, Larreta, and Kicillof) is starting to crack. Even if Fernandez was well intentioned to make it work, Kicillof is another hot-headed leftist, albeit with a decent shirt on. He started by blaming Vidal for what's happening now under his watch, and then he's blaming Larreta at the same time for not doing like him in Capital.

El gobierno bonaerense destacó el aislamiento de Villa Azul y criticó la ciudad de Buenos Aires por no hacer lo mismo con Villa 31

Nobody wants to be the one who points the finger at the naked king, i.e. nobody wanted to say 'the people in the villas are not going to self-manage' because they would have to explain why. Are they uneducated? Irresponsible? Inconsiderate? Savage? Fearless? Hunger-driven? These questions would make any politician tip-toe because any answer could be considered 'violent, classist, prejudiced'.

If Larreta did in Villa 31 what Kicillof is doing in the Province, they would have called him a dictator. Well played, Larreta. Let el profesor step in and take the toll for deciding to act on the Villas of the Capital.

Check out the pictures of life returning to normal in parts of Europe, especially the UK where hardly anyone is wearing a mask.

https://www.infobae.com/americ…salen-de-sus-cuarentenas/

My Facebook feed is finally showing pictures of my friends having an aperitivo in piazza (seated at distanced tables, with their masks on except to sip/eat) or sitting on the beach for some fresh air (with mask and distance).

My mother got a hair cut last Tuesday at a saloon within a mall. She said they are now taking temperature upon entering the mall and upon entering each store. Her jacket and bag were put into a plastic bag upon entering the saloon. The hairdresser wore a face mask and gloves all the time.

My mom had to wear her mask all the time. When the hairdresser had to cut her hair near her ear, she slipped off the mask rubber bank and held the mask into place with her hand.

The hair saloon only attends by appointment and max 2 people at time, keeping them as distanced as possible.

This is the first week of re-opening in Italy. On June 3 they should open again the border, but not to leisure travels, only to citizen/residents with a valid reason to travel.