Posts from GlasgowJohn in thread „Corona virus“

Latin America is a testing lab for many pharmaceutical companies. I wouldn't trust a vaccine that first comes to Argentina and Mexico. COme one! Of all the human capital of the world, they pick the very best for the groundbreaking vaccine, duh?!

In general , I would agree but this one comes from Astra Zeneca who have to play by the European rules as opposed to the LATAM rules.

The fact that they suspended the tests for a week due to an adverse reaction is a decent sign.

the lab where they are doing the work in Argentina is in Garin , about 15kms from where we live. It only opened at the start of the year . It is apparently the best laboratory of its type in the whole of the Americas.

Having said that , will i get vaccinated?

Not immediately.....

Intensive care bed occupancy in BA capital is just over 33%

No hospital public or private is overrun

No field hospitals like the Technopolis one are being used

Deaths are still at a low level

Infection numbers are increasing . Yes , but why?

Is it because of people running in Palermo or is it that more tests are being carried out?

I cannot believe that journalists here are so lazy to like into it

Out in Escobar , most of the controls are manned by Prefectura , who tend to be intellectually more prepared that the Escobar municipal police.

I treat them with respect and they treat me equally with respect .

My trips are to the Bank and to the supermarket - once a week in each case

I have heard strange stories about the Escobar police confiscating cars of people who they think are up to no good - But its a third party story

Otherwise no problems.

The best investment I have made during the Cuarantena arrived on Saturday. A set of Gama hairclippers with a load of accessories.

I used to get a short back n sides razor cut every three weeks in the local barbers .

The hair cut cost 250 a time

The clippers cost 2,750

Another ten haircuts at home and I am in the money….

Very smart!

we know someone who wore a $9 fake Rolex that was grabbed off her arm at the San Telmo Sunday market. She was lucky not to be dragged down the street - and for a fake!

We used to have a better class of thief in Argentina . God knows what they are teaching the young hoodlums nowadays.

I remember a few years back a wealthy acquaintance who lived in Pto Madero told me he never wore a tie as kidnappers thought it was a sign of wealth.

From what I understand (I have some family and friends working in the TV industry here, Fox, Disney, Nat Geo, and TyC Sports. I discussed this guy with them as he always makes me laugh because he looks like he just rolled out of bed after a night of class A drugs and booze and drove straight to work. It seems he is very respected at the channel. I don't watch the news here a lot so I can't speak to whether he justifies that respect, but I presume not.

I think he is well respected for some investigative journalism he did early in his career. I think he is a poor studio presenter . I have seen him do a couple of things outside the studio and he seems to be a bit better at getting the point across standing up outside the glare of the studio lights

This is why I can't bear to watch TN. Look at this scruffy bugger moaning about not being able to visit his newly born niece, his grandmothers and every other member of his family and then going on to lie by saying that Argentina has had/is having the longest quarantine in the world, ffs.

There are so many tits on Argentine TV news channels, that quite frankly, it's cringeworthy to watch.

Anyway, if you're going to wear a tie, wear it properly or just don't bother. Call me picky, but that kind of thing gets me.

I remember the first time I saw this "journalist" , I said to the wife - What a bloody mess . He should buy a shirt that fits that will allow him to button the collar and knot his tie properly.

Several years later , he is still on the same channel , fatter than ever and scruffier than ever.

I suspect that he has compromising photos of one of the big bosses.....

How much of the increase is due to mismanagement of the situation in the Villas and in Geriatric homes?

All of a sudden CABA is "beating" the Province of BA again.