Posts from Rice in thread „Forum hosting fees renewal“

I’ve been thinking about renewal time, with the uneasy feeling I’m behind. Will catch up when we get there, if that’s OK?

Forgot to add - thanks for the reminder!

Sorry to have offended. Of course I don’t have access to the information on who pays or how much. Just stating the obvious: someone is paying, and I want to do my share.

In practical terms, it’s a cup of coffee in a cafe or an inexpensive bottle of Malbec or booze each month. Not the IMF payment.

So the $485 annual total should be divided by those of us who are currently active on the forum, right? Is that currently about 8 members?

If so, that would be $60 each, or $5/month?

Splinter , if you post the total annual amount, those of us who regularly use and enjoy the forum are capable of dividing that number into the total and fairly sharing the cost with you.

You shouldn’t have to beg for crumbs….

Sorry, that one is covered too.

I’m guessing your advice is to switch browsers, but I prefer to stick to only Safari with the iPhone. So I’ll continue to miss a bunch of posts, but I’ll live!

Splinter , case in point: the ad allows me to read my own quote at the start of your post, but not a word of your post!

I don’t mean to dwell on this, as I realize I’m probably the only member who accessed the forum via mobile phone. But anyway, here’s a screenshot.

I use my cell phone 99% of the time, and the ads ARE problematic in the mobile format, since there is usually an unremovable ad parked right on top of the most recent post. When an ad prevents my reading a post, naturally I lose interest in the thread, and in any case can’t respond.

After a few more months, if the ads are still saving us only $3-4 per month, I’d be glad to pay the $40-50/year that the ads save us.

A paywall would be counterproductive for this particular forum, since we’re trying to build membership rather than restrict it.