Posts from Splinter in thread „House cleaners“

We lived in a house with a flat roof a few years ago. A new house too, but most of the rain ended up inside the house due to crap workmanship and cheap materials.

I spent a lot of time up on that roof patching holes, but as soon as I patched one leak, another would appear. It was like living in the Titanic.

:any-help:

We've actually had raw sewage pouring out of the manhole cover in the street outside in heavy rain, with everything floating down the street in all its glory.

The water company come along from time to time and blast it with pressure hoses, leaving white fatty substances all over the place.

It's pretty disgusting actually.

For $800 a week, it's a small price to pay when Adri works her socks off whilst fending off the taxman from her paranoid clients.

Although I get stuck in, I prefer the maintenance jobs and at the moment I'm into blocked drains and sinks. It's a messy business which doesn't require much in the way of description.

I don't actively follow our cleaner's actions, but she does leave everything sparkling clean afterwards, especially since she's a big fan of lavandina bleach.

We've had numerous cleaners here and the reason I like this one is because she gets stuck in, has a pleasant personality and doesn't yak her mouth off all day. She works very hard in fact.

We know a bloke who fell in love with his cleaner and left his wife for her.

In fact we went to his house for some reason that I can't remember and she was serving us wine and picadas. Tall, attractive brunette, wearing very tight jeans and a revealing top, just like she was still the mucama of the house.

There was quite an age gap - he must have been late 50s and she can't have been more than about 28 or so and oddly enough, I didn't realise the situation at the time, so was wondering why the girl was being so familiar with us all.

His wife at the time was a known alcoholic, so this could have had some bearing on the situation. Gives a whole new meaning to bedding the maid!