Posts from serafina in thread „British reaction to car crash“

I know Spain n Italy ones u can trade in.

Only in capital. In San Isidro is they didn’t recognize my US and IT license at all, I had to get a new driving license from scratch.
    I have motorcycle permit on my Italian DL, but I didn’t get one in Argentina because of the extra step (including my lack of interest in driving a bike here).

I currently have three DLs, well my Italian one has since expired, but I have three years to renew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must admit I thought if you were turning the pedestrian had the right of way at a crossing.

In my online safety course to renew my license in CABA, there was a part about this.

The pedestrian always has the precedence, unless your (car driver) light is green and theirs is red.

When you are turning, usually the pedestrian light is green, so you should give way.

Re: driver's test - no vision test given? That's a scary thought, with all the creative driving.

Re: bikes not stopping for pedestrians - I'm surprised the same rule doesn't apply to the car/bike vs pedestrian situation as applies to the car vs bike situation. Or maybe it does, but the same observance isn't made for mere pedestrians?

AFAIK, this is a renewal because I moved and not because elapsed the required time to take another physical. I am not sure if the new driving license from CABA will expire according to my old license (October 2020) or if I will be issued a new 5-year DL.

We have to negotiate the roundabout on Ruta 5 most days. It's a rarity to see traffic on the main route slowing down and giving way to us when we're already on the roundabout. Lorry drivers especially those from Brasil are the exception. Has to be said those who designed the roundabout didn't do it very well and the stop signs aren't exactly obvious if they're even still there.

In France, you have to yield to the roundabout incoming vehicles only if there is a sign that says so.

In Argentina, whatever the sign, people simply drive through and expect people coming from the left to stop, even if there are horizontal and vertical road signs clearly marking that you have to give way to those already in the roundabout.

I finally decided to renew my Argentinian driving license since mine is still from San Isidro, and here you have to get a new license whenever you move to a different municipality.

It took about 20' to book an appointment at Comuna 15, but the lady was extremely patient and did all the job. She even gave me a printout of the instructions and of the bar codes to go pay the various fees. Of course, two fees to pay that cannot be paid in the same place. :rolleyes:

I also had to take a Road Safety online course which consisted of 7 youtube videos on road safety and a quiz after each video.

Half of the rules mentioned in the video are overruled daily. Nobody stops to let a pedestrian cross, not even bikes!

Anyway, on the 26th it should be just a bureaucratic matter and they will just take a picture, take in the payment receipt and print the card.

Cost of renewal: 975+240 ARS.

The first rule in French driving is "yield to the right". The vast majority of roundabouts have yield signs at the entrance so that those in the roundabout have right-of-way, but if you ever do find one with no yield sign, the people entering have right-of-way.
    AB25.gif

Just yesterday, in Italy a man stabbed (and killed) another one because of a matter of giving way at a roundabout. The victim was a 28 years old father and husband. His wife and kid(s) were in the car and saw everything.