Posts from UK Man in thread „What's for lunch/dinner today?“

Having had beef in different forms for several days it's definitely off the menu tonight. I suggested tuna with potato/egg salad and lovely Chivi tomatoes. So as the wife agreed that's what we're having.

I'll happily come to pick them up! I was able to find them here only once in 10 years.

We have two trees but they don't fruit a lot as the missus planted them in a poor position. The problem is the green hard fruit grows very slowly over many many months and it seems they'll never ripen. All of a sudden in what seems like the space of a week they'll start to change colour and soften. If you don't pick them the birds and insects get to them first. So we pick them as soon as we see them changing. They'll finish ripening at home okay. These are all we have left as the birds beat us to a lot of them this year.

20240312-082240.jpg

She’s got great genes, to have metabolism fast enough to keep her slim!

We LOVE pizza, but can’t let ourselves have more than one slice. Left to my own devices, I could devour a whole pizza.

She takes after her Italian grandmother thankfully....she was slim.

Apart from the citrus the only other fruit left to pick at the weekend was apples,kaki and guijavas out at the quinta. The apples ended up in the bin as they have pests. The missus raves on about the taste of the kakis and guijavas but I don't quite share her opinion on them I'm afraid.

This is just a few of the guijava we picked.

20240311-135035.jpg

Adri is an excellent cook and the other night she made Mexican chicken which we ate in fajitas, with guacamole, cream, lettuce, tomato and last night a Spanish tortilla with spicy chorizo. We'll be finishing that tonight with a cold salad.

My missus can be a decent cook when she wants to be. Thankfully it isn't that often as she's the messiest cook I've ever known which really gets on my goat. She detests anything spicy.

I'll be cooking the pork chops on the plancha for tonight's dinner along with sliced air fried tatties. She's currently making the apple sauce from green apples. She's cursing as one of them is rotten inside and they weren't cheap!! ^^

There’s some interesting looking mushrooms in the windows of a large Chinese supermarket in Chinatown, none of which I’ve ever seen before . I’m fascinated by the range of edible ones but limited in personal knowledge or experience of eating them.

I'm happy to stick to the normal type ones bought from the supermarket. ^^

Whenever I watch expert mushroom pickers on some tv show or other with their elegant straw basket. I always think “well how do they really know”? Of course they DO obviously but…

When camping wild in Scotand I used to see some very tasty looking Chantarelle mushrooms growing. Despite being very tempted I wasn't prepared to take the chance. ^^

Juan's asado skills didn't disappoint last night. So much so I had a job eating the Asti ice cream for dessert.

The missus is meeting up with her old school chums tonight for dinner at Club la Pampa. So I'll be fending for myself. Don't fancy cooking so I reckon I'll make do with a sarnie and a can of stout.

Been invited to an asado tonight by Nazarena and her hubby Juan. He makes great BBQ so really looking forward to it.....beef and pork I believe. We'll take along a couple of litres of freshly made ice cream from Asti for dessert. The best ice cream in town. At 10000 pesos a litre it should be.