Posts from serafina in thread „All about bread in BA“

So all this peso crap is just psychological.......

Exactly my point. My husband always complains about how much I spend and yells 'how could a kg of ice cream cost 500 pesos?! Are they crazy?!'. Then I tell him to convert to EUR and recall how much is a kg of ice cream in Italy... I bet it's at least twice as much.

500 pesos = €7.61 today

Today I was running errand and I stopped to eat at Lo de Hans, classic old tavern porteña very worn out.

A milanesa con frita was $170, un sifón $54. Added 10% tip and had a full meal, served to me for $250 or €3.81.

Provided the milanesa was crap and the fritas were soggy. But I was hungry as hell, it was raining and I needed a place to sit for an hour before my next appointment. The only disappointment was the courteous waiter -- I was expecting a rude waiter, which is part of the authentic experience for me. ;)

If u like rye bread, I have the absolute number one in BA, not Hausbrot or the other french named chain......it's a Danish guy in micro Centro that has a small smorrebrod shop.....

U can buy the bread to take away.....it's as good as the best u can buy in Denmark, nothing less....."NORDICA SMORREBROD" check Facebook....tell 15-38317324, chacobuco 137!!!!!!

Today they announced they are closing up the store and they’ll go to Denmark for a couple of month. Once they’ll be back they’ll resume the catering part of the business, but no more place open to the public. They said the expenses of the store became unbearable.

It must be really hard to make a profitable business in Argentina, especially if you are a specialty food store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk