Posts from UK Man in thread „Mushrooms“

Isn’t haggis traditionally cooked in a sheep’s stomach? The oatmeal part sounds fine, but ?

Something like that.

I think it's the texture that puts most people off. The modern versions are much better in looks and taste especially the Marks & Spencer one. It's very nice.

Most Scots don't even know what ingredients are in a haggis, me included!! Savoury oatmeal is about as much as I know. ^^

UK Man, you should join our party this year, and take charge of the catering. We will be able to eat something different for a change!

Fish suppers...you don't even need cutlery to eat it. :thumbup: It'll have to be merluza instead of haddock though.

Love sardines, but I always think mustard rather than garlic butter. With that and your empanadas recipe, you sound like an adventurous cook.

Simple cook rather than adventurous. ^^

I like the sardines in tomato sauce on buttered toast as well...with a dash of Lea and Perrins to spice it up. Must give the mustard a try. :thumbup:

I knew about removing the sometimes green centre however I thought that was to get rid of bitterness rather than strength....I'm no chef though.

I used to like garlic a lot but have gone right off it. Every time I enter the mother in laws house the place is reeking of it. As she's not supposed to have salt her carer puts garlic in everything to give it flavour.

Last time I used garlic was the other day when I lightly rubbed my toast with it before slapping on some butter and sardines for my lunch time snack.

In typical Argentine fashion mushrooms have disappeared from the supermarket shelves since my chicken and mushroom empanadas became a hit with my mother in law. In the UK i used to have them with a fry up but for me they work best in beef stews.

Mushrooms with garlic is okay but the garlic does tend to overpower the taste of the mushroom.