Posts from serafina in thread „Exchanging money at the supermarket“

You didn’t engage in my challenge. Anyone?

It's not something I'd want to publicly share.

Have you seen the fake electricity socket and cereal boxes that are, instead, safes?

If they'd only print them in Spanish, they would stand a chance, but being displayed as US products, they immediately raise a red flag!

caja-de-seguridad-aspecto-caja-de-cerales-14541033z0-14164567.jpg

51dfzy8bI5L._SX425_.jpg

There is a Casa de Cambio on Thames y Güemes. I don’t know how long it’s been there, we just found it. The exchange rate is okay. They register your details in a database for the DDJJ , and issue a receipt.... print with an inkjet printer and in Comics Sans. Seriously?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good option for emergency pesos needs. Too bad we can’t exchange larger amounts. The government had announced that it would be possible to exchange money in supermarket, but then nothing happened and things continued as usual.

I have noticed an increase of proper exchange houses also outside of touristic areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody used the supermarket to exchange foreign currency? The sign reads that you need to purchase something -- I expect the change will be in pesos. However, I am wondering if there is any limit -- i.e. can I pay for an alfajor with a 100 USD bill? Or the purchase is just an excuse and I can change more than 100 USD at time?

The exchange rate at my local Coto on Scalabrini is better than the exchange place we have been going to. And it is open also on Saturday and Sunday with extended hours. I have no issue in filing the Declaración Jurada since it is what I do also at the exchange place.