Posts from Rice in thread „Days In The Life Of a PC Technician“

“Stuck in?”

I don’t think it’s a lack of table manners, but just different customs. I’m remembering the dinner party where we almost starved, and the people were British, Italian, Lithuanian too, not just Argentines. But the Europeans had lived in BsAs long enough to conform to local customs.

You’re the first people I’ve ever known to serve pizza on a pizza turntable! Is it a dedicated serving dish, or when you’re not having pizza, do you used it to keep people from having to awkwardly reach across the table?

This reminds me of something I’ve noticed: table manners and norms do vary so much in different countries, and when we went to our first dinner party in Buenos Aires, we were surprised to see everyone reaching right across each other for serving dishes and condiments. Because the food was neither individually served nor passed around, we nearly starved to death!

I have no idea where “Lazy Susan” originated. As for ‘pizza turntable,’ does anyone put a pizza on it? Or does the name come from the size & shape of the disk normally used to hold condiments, sugar, s&p etc?

What would a computer tech in the boonies DO without a motorbike?

I’m now very conscious of the construction silt drifting across the plaza, through the windows, and onto my screen & keyboard. I don’t want any visitors to need rubber gloves to avoid cooties.

I highly resemble that.

I remember reading this one awhile back, and these words permanently burned themselves into my brain:. "Once we’d established that he wasn’t in fact the proprietor of the Bates Motel, I gingerly fumbled my around the dimly lit room which resembled what I can only describe as a hovel, the like of which you’d encounter in a scene from The Walking Dead. The PC in question was sitting forlornly under what resembled a desk, which itself was decorated with the remains of all of last year’s TV dinners, with the floor area being knee deep in flotsam and jetsam that had to be seen to be believed. You get the picture."

I think of that graphic image every time I sit down at my desk.