Posts from serafina in thread „Roku Express“

Sometimes I broadcast videos on the TV from my iPhone, using the Apple TV.

With the Apple TV I can also access Amazon Prime.

But our Philips TV in the bedroom, despite being intrinsically smart, has an older software and we cannot load new apps. We can watch odds channels like the Weather forecast for Argentina, La Nación and a few others. But we cannot add the YouTube app nor the Amazon Prime app.

It has the capability to navigate on the Internet, but not on https website, which are those I would need to access to try download these apps with a workaround.

Anyway, too much fuss for the 15' we spend watching TV in the bedroom before calling it a day!

If I am not mistaken, I was keen on roku because unline Amazon Fire, it would support YouTube.

Since Google owns YouTube, Google ChromeCast supports it, whereas Amazon considers YouTube their competitions and hence their devices to make TVs smarter do not support it.

Of course, I have never watched YouTube on my TV but it is enough to make the statement 'oh, but with this one you cannot...' to make the consumer look elsewhere.

Never tried, but I had considered it when I needed to find a device to make our old TV 'smart'.

I was tempted by Roku, but because of the obvious importing restrictions, it was easier to find a second hand Apple Tv from an older generation for the same price.

Since our TV is old, there is no point in looking for Ultra HD streaming services for us.

Do you plan to buy one and bring it with you in Buenos Aires?