Posts from Splinter in thread „Transferwise against speculation?“

I'm reading a lot of reports of people having their Wise accounts closed without notice, following transactions with Argentina and also through crypto wallets.

Quote from a post on Facebook:

Hey you all!

A financial question, since I'm having a bit of a nervous breakdown here 😕 Wise (formerly known as Transferwise) just closed my account suddenly, without notice. I have no idea why, and I'm not sure I can get back the money I had there. And my Swedish banks are blocking all my foreign transfers (guess they have Argentina marked as a suspicious country and think I'm laundering), and more or less I can't use Western Union anymore. So in short, I'm having major problems getting money into Argentina lately. And since I make my salary abroad, that is a bit of an issue, since Im the major bread feeder of my family.

So firstly, did the same thing happen to anyone else, that Wise closed your account. Why and could you solve it?

Secondly, please hit me with any other good options for sending money here to the good currency exchange rate! Thanks in advance!

In fact, a very close contact of mine had all his accounts closed and he was transferring a lot between Arg and UK.

I've decided not to any transfers at all to this country and that includes WU.

TransferWise Closed Your Account? | Offshore Bank Accounts Blog
    If you buy and sell cryptocurrency, deal in a high-risk industry, or have had your TransferWise account closed, you might want to seriously reconsider dealing…
    offshorebankaccounts.com

Does anyone know if when setting up a TransferWise account if you can send the first deposit from an Argentine bank?

I am setting up a Pound Sterling cross border account and they need a £20 payment. Problem is I do not have any banking in the United Kingdom so need some other means to send the £20. Maybe they accept this payment from my Arg bank account?

I got my brother to help with that...

That could be for money laundering rules and the number of transactions?