Posts by torquey

Hi all,

My wife and I arrived on November 1st, so we are one week into this adventure. We'll be here for at least a year. My wife was asked by her employer to come here and work, so she has a work visa. I, on the other hand, have just a regular (?) year long visa.

We have really enjoyed all the walking and all the interesting differences between here and our town in the US. It's really a big change and a welcome one. We packed up an entire house full of stuff and put it in storage. We distilled our belongings (mostly clothes) down to three suitcases and hopped on the plane. It feels good to be so "light"! I don't think we needed 80% of the crap we accumulated over the last several years, and now not having it nor missing not having it, is proving that.

We don't have any vehicles here either. I thought this was going to be a hassle, but I haven't missed a car or truck at all. I love riding motorcycles and I can say that I DO miss that a whole bunch.

Anyway, we've learned a few things here and want to share that as well as learn from all of you that've been here longer and know more. Right now we're prepping ourselves for the 3 night engagement of Taylor Swift. She'll be playing only a couple of blocks away from us. Oh, BTW we're in Belgrano.

Anyway, thanks for having me! Bye.