Posts by serafina

Strange thing is this Dia despite having Dia products and offers, doesn't have a Dia shop sign it advertises itself as an Autoservicio. We'll be back.

Dia is a franchising and I believe there are different scaling venues one can open: the small ones, the medium ones and the full supermarket ones.

Maybe this explains price differences.

We changed two tires last week. Pay about 3150 each, but then had to add 2000 in balancing.
    We found a deal on ML, too. It was a tire workshop in Paternal.

Pictures from our trip attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they are picked up at night by a truck, taken to a facility to be charged overnight, and deployed back in the morning. I believe they have GPS and remote locking/unlocking function.

For example, the ones by Rappi only work from 7AM to 10PM (if I remember correctly - it should be during daylight) and get disabled in case of rain. They should be rode using a helmet, but nobody actually checks.

In the US, you can get paid to charge them in your own home. But in Buenos Aires there is no such option. I am not sure about the antitheft system beyond this.

Personally, I have never ridden one and I don't think I'll ever will, as I have balance issues.

But I can't help think that those people riding a scooters with headphones on, in the middle of Avenida Scalabrini Ortiz are playing Russian roulette.

One should really have very little consideration of their life to ride so carelessly.

I think the issue with mopeds here is that they are easy to steal. There are bikes, but most bikes are crappy delivery bikes, as it would be risky to pay a nice bike overnight on the sidewalk here. I guess Splinter has more to tell about the subject than me.

Hi Rice,

yes, the service has been privatized to a Brazilian company. It is still free for use but they changed the bikes and the color.

The scooters are paid services from different providers. The City Government as nothing to do with it. There are at least 4 brands (different colors) and it is a pay per minute.

I think you need to download an app, register your details and your credit card, scan a QR code on the scooter and ride.

In Argentina it is hard to come across real offers, unless the seller is desperate.

I like nail polish from a certain brand, and it is widely available here in chains and small stores alike. Some chains have discounts (40% off or 2x1) and I always keep an eye on such offers.

Once I bought a nail polish at Simplicity, marked 40% off. I thought they the were discontinuing that color. It turns out it was expiring in 2 months. I wondered how do a nail polish expire, at all, and bought it anyway. It turns out the nail polish is not homogeneous, I shake it a lot but it looks like it is clumped against the inside walls.

I found another 40% off in Margarita's and this time the nail polish is expiring in 3 months, and it is runny. I have to apply at least 3 layers to get a smooth result.

An offer is never an offer here.

It looks as if asparagus season is coming to an end. I would be a little sad, but this means that chauchas will be appearing soon. Any sightings yet?

I bought asparagus yesterday. A nice bunch.
    They were in the fridge, so be sure to check it out or at least ask for them if you don’t see them on display.

I chauchas yet for me, but plenty of habàs!

Yes, which defeats the purpose, really.
    Apart from freelancers working from home or the occasional Airbnb-er, I can’t imagine who would settle in a small, remote town in the south of Italy where they don’t speak the language.

The postcard pictures look nice, and so do the picture of Spritz and wine. But what happens when the Spritz is over is yet to be revealed.
    I guess the answer is: nothing much.

in ITALY they are paying for u coming and staying, not just giving a ruined castle.....come on!

:D

Besides the attractive €1:1 house campaign in some remote towns in Southern Italy, the Italian government has issued a series of financial incentives to attract Italians back this year. They have been widely published on the media and on Consulate's websites.

However, these incentives are just for a few years (2 or 3) - then you are back to paying taxes as usual, i.e. to the level that made you left.

If someone is interested in €1 - 1 house, here are some stories (spoiler alert: nobody paid €1):

BBC: https://edition.cnn.com/travel…ZKa7nTnzI6214WrOtTUgdnJio

INSIDER: https://www.insider.com/what-a…Bo3bfeho2KwTboEafKor9yl7M

Serafina enjoys watching tiny ants on the terrace. It is one of her favorite past times. My husband doesn't share the same interest and raid them all.

When last year we spent the summer in Mar del Plata, our house was invaded by tiny spiders. My hubby spent weeks chasing and raid-ing them, but they are still appearing every now and then. I suppose that non-sealed windows do not help, too. We are also on the last floor, and have plants on the terrace.

When they become bigger, they kill the bees. I realized it when I caught a spider trapping a bee.

I thought I was finding dead bees because of pollution or chemicals.

There are many abandoned castles in Scotland and they are looking for relatives of former owners.

If your last name is Duncan, Bowie, McBain, Campbell or Murray or any of these 436 published on this list, this might be your chance to get your family castle.

3135335w740.jpg

I had a quiet week a while ago and decided to go to Villa Crespo, which is the hood next to mine, to shop for clothes. I have been wearing the same things forever and my husband says I looked cool in the ‘90s.

Anyway, there are 3x3 blocks of ‘outlets’ which is a word also used in Italy to indicate shops that sell directly from factory to customers for a reduced price. I am just adding this because in the Anglophone world an outlet is just a shop.

We went to Cardón’s outlet and I am not much into the country-chick style women wear here. However, I found a colorful shirt, it was bright, fitted alright. The cotton was too heavy for a summer shirt, the price was about 4500 ars. Which is the same as in similar shops in a Europe, but with better textile quality. I was not impressed and left.

I visited also a few shoes shops but my size (41) is reserved to spinsters, apparently. Boy, were they awful! I am probably spoiled with fashion stores in Milan, but here the taste is very different and the prices as well!

Yikes! We have had ants both in San Isidro in the first apartment and here. We are on the 2nd floor. In San Isidro they were coming out from the hole in the wall where the gas pipe was.

Here as well, and also from around tony holes in the tiles around the bathtub.

They were a lot smaller than those. In San Isidro there was disinfestation every month, both inside and outside the building.

Here they come once in a while, but never inside the units.

To repeat what I did the next time it breaks down after a storm. ^^

According to Nazarena - the MIL's carer - it's all to do with the software used in the cable boxes...the storm may have affected it so it has to download and reprogramme itself via the wifi which sounds plausible. Maybe my tinkering with the plugs and cables helped it in some way.

It happened once here, but after a technical issue that lasted for the whole weekend. It was weird because the Wifi was on, the box showed the internet was working but in reality it had reset itself and the network name was back to default (we use to name our Wifi Network)

I have never played Paddle (nor Tennis), but here it is pretty popular (not as much as tennis, but still...).

You can find a list of paddle fields here: http://www.padelnetwork.com/clubes/

and here there are some prices (however, it doesn't say when they were published, and here prices change daily)

http://www.complejoelcirculo.com.ar/paddle/

a popular sport centre in Palermo is Club de Amigos. They just tennis fields on their website: https://clubdeamigos.org.ar/adultos-mayores-de-18-tenis.htm

They specify you will need a medical certificate to enroll. They also list current prices here: https://clubdeamigos.org.ar/co…adultos_plan3_4421837.pdf

One hour is about 1000 ARS, which translates to 16.81 USD today