Posts by Splinter

It's odd, but when checking the electoral role with my DNI number, I don't figure as being able to vote, so I'm waiting for a phone call from one of the local parties as happened in the primaries.

The same happened then in September where my name didn't appear but I was on the list. Odd/

EDIT:

Foreigners have to check the legal aliens page, that's the mistake I was making.

Junta Electoral de la Provincia de Buenos Aires

For what time period is this weather warning UK Man ?

I usually find these warnings to be way over the top in my experience and I'm a member of numerous weather groups which also put out warnings like this. Often it just ends up as a stiff breeze and the odd shower.

Last Sunday, they were predicting a wash-out for voting day, this Sunday, but that has changed to Sunday night.

In Argentina is Scotch and Irish Whiskey subject to high tarriff's? In the US we do have tarriff's on whiskey hopefully they will be lowered. In the US at least last time I looked 18 year old Glenvelvet was $80 USD. What would the price be for something if that caliber in Argentina? Do Argentinians buy the good stuff in Paraguay because it's cheaper?

Guinness is good but in the US we have stouts at least as good from many microbreweries.Does Argentina have microbreweries?

L

Do you mean Glenlivet?

In which case you can get that for a bout US$30 here based on a peso price of $5850 and converting at a blue rate of say, $200.

For example:

Whisky Glenlivet Founders Reserve - $ 5.850
    Somos “ RINCÓN 41” , tienda de Bebidas. Estamos en el barrio de Flores, donde podes retirar tu producto, y también hacemos envíos en CABA, consúltanos!Ubicados…
    articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar

And using the same conversion, my favourite, Captain Morgan Rum is about US$5. I don't know how it works but some booze is very cheap down here and if you have US$, it really does help.

Microbreweries have sprung up all over the place in Argentina and the selection of beers is now better than ever.

$20 for an iPhone polishing cloth? Apple really knows how to screw the last penny out of its devout followers.

Polishing Cloth
    Made with soft, non-abrasive material, the Polishing Cloth cleans any Apple display, including nano-texture glass, safely and effectively. Buy now.
    www.apple.com

On Sunday a kiosk owner in Ramos Mejia, La Matanza, was shot dead with six bullets to his neck and chest. A 29 year old man (Suarez) and his 15 year old accomplice were arrested later after a police chase.

Suarez was released from prison as part of the pandemic releases of murderers and rapists etc, all authorised by this government. La Matanza is the most violent areas in the whole of Buenos Aires and it's controlled by hard line Kirchnerite officials.

Suarez is from Fort Apache, a name that speaks for itself.

Be careful out there.

The Financial Times is painting a very bleak picture of Argentina and the elections are looming which Albert will undoubtedly lose.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

In an attempt to win over voters before the election, the government has stepped up welfare payments partly funded by central bank money printing and frozen the prices of more than 1,400 household products until January, including liqueur, vermouth and cat food.

That made me chuckle, but I'm not sure why.

Wish I had your confidence. ^^ Do you just plug one into the modem and the other into an electric socket and Bob's your Uncle?

Clearly you have to configure it, but the system does come with instructions. Normally you would do it by connection initially to a PC or laptop with a network cable, job done.

That's a one-off set up, usually and you're ready to go.

My original post seems to have disappeared. Anyway, in July the forum was migrated away from GoDaddy to Prostack and you will have noticed the difference in loading speeds. It's night and day in comparison.

It's a little more expensive than GoDaddy, but frankly you get what you pay for and more. The site is backed up daily, SSL is included and the support team is the best I've ever come across. It's one to one instead of chatting to a bot, like it was at GoDaddy.

This is the server where our forum resides.

Some reviews of Prostack at Trustpilot.

Prostack is rated "Excellent" with 4.8 / 5 on Trustpilot
    Do you agree with Prostack's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 53 customers have already said.
    uk.trustpilot.com