🤬 Why don't Argentine legislators pay income tax?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 974 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Not only do judges not pay income tax on their salaries, but I didn't realise until yesterday that deputies and senators are exempt from income tax (on their salaries) as well.

However, a new law stipulates that new judges will pay income tax, so I suppose that's something at least.

These people are also able to swap air travel allowances in journeys they never took, for actual cash. Yes, fucking cash.

I'm having a hard time rationalising how those at the top, ie those who are paid from the public purse, can show their faces and vote on laws on tax reform and other matters when they are setting any example whatsoever.

Furthermore, men like Adolfo Rodríguez Saá, who were president for a day or two during the 2001 disaster, receive a pension of AR$150,000 per MONTH for life. Not to mention C.Kirchner who receives two pensions, her own ex presidential pension and the widow's pension for her late husband, to top up her ill gotten gains.

And let's not even talk about legislators' privileges and immunity from prosecution. No wonder people in this country get so fucking angry when those in power cannot lead by example.

Maybe I'm just an idealist, but this isn't right at all.