There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,517 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I can’t answer the question re the two you mentioned (not in Argentina now), but I’ll share my wife’s experience.

She takes Xeralto, a very pricy pill, and needed some when we were in Buenos Aires some months ago. She had to go to a couple of neighborhood pharmacies to find one that would fill her prescription (she had to have one from a local MD). She has no Argentine health insurance, but the Xeralto was still a quarter of the retail price in the US.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that any regularly-prescribed medication should be available.

Anyone else with experience?

• For all expats: Ed's point about needing a prescription written by a local doctor is an important one. As in most countries, Argentine pharmacies won't accept prescriptions written in another country.

They won’t, but an important point is that Argentine pharmacies will often sell medications without prescription that usually require one. In some cases they won’t (e.g., Xarelto) but of course it’s best to have one in hand just in case.