What's more secure ? A VPN or a secure browser?

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by CruiseJunki.

• Hello,I am new here and a bit confused too. The reason why I am here is to ask a very basic question from the participants of this community. As we all know, internet is not secure anymore due to the massive data breaches like ransomware and other cyber-bullying attacks that we have gone through in recent times. Therefore, today everyone is concerned about their privacy and anonymity on top of anything, be it your personal computer, mobile, tablets, mac, or officially private files and data. What makes me so confused at the moment is to make a choice among a VPN or a secure browser to download. Although, I have used some free vpn services before but they are useless and a waste of time because it makes no sense if it doesn't hide your activities from your ISP. So, I have recently visited this site (https://www.usavpn.com/best-vpns-for-windows/) and I see reviews about top vpns that I can use to secure my online activities as well as blocking malware attacks. Can you suggest any one from the source shared above or do you think a secure browser is sufficient for a protected and hassle-free experience?

• I have Nord VPN but I use it only when needed because it slows down the connection a lot. I cannot tell if this is because my Internet is already barely enough and the VPN 'clogs' the data further or because Nord VPN' servers don't have a good capacity.

I have a basic Internet DSL connection (the cheapest plan, I think 6MBps in download). When I tried to use Nord VPN to watch Hulu, it was a miracle if Nord even fooled Hulu and god forbid I paused a program... it took a solid two minutes before it was able to resume (because of the slow connection).

I never suffered from a malware attack, but I am also a Mac user and they are less vulnerable to cyberthreats.

• Hello,I am new here and a bit confused too. The reason why I am here is to ask a very basic question from the participants of this community. As we all know, internet is not secure anymore due to the massive data breaches like ransomware and other cyber-bullying attacks that we have gone through in recent times. Therefore, today everyone is concerned about their privacy and anonymity on top of anything, be it your personal computer, mobile, tablets, mac, or officially private files and data. What makes me so confused at the moment is to make a choice among a VPN or a secure browser to download. Although, I have used some free vpn services before but they are useless and a waste of time because it makes no sense if it doesn't hide your activities from your ISP. So, I have recently visited this site (https://www.usavpn.com/best-vpns-for-windows/) and I see reviews about top vpns that I can use to secure my online activities as well as blocking malware attacks. Can you suggest any one from the source shared above or do you think a secure browser is sufficient for a protected and hassle-free experience?

I clicked on the link you provided; and although I fine it interesting, I have never used any of the VPN's mentioned.

Through experience, at least ONE of the surest ways to find out IF your chosen VPN service provider is a RELIABLE VPN Provider

would be to "test it" against such firms as: Google.

If Google cannot detect who you actually are (when you have the VPN engaged)

then probably you have selected a reliable and worth-while VPN Service provider.

NOTE: Many VPN service providers DO NOT keep Google from knowing who you really are!

Google is "right up there" with U.S. Government Agencies like: NSA, CIA, and FBI

Anyone who denies this is either NOT properly informed of the facts, or for some reason chooses to "defend" Google.

And as for the U.S. Gov.: There is NO SUCH THING as an VPN Service that can "hide" you from the U.S. GOV!

And IF you were able to somehow (illegally by the way) secure such a VPN, and the U.S. GOV found out about that (they WILL!),

YOU would be spending the next few weeks (if not longer) in the presence of at least one of these agencies, shut up inside one of their "facilities"!

DJ