Good news for Argentina

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,151 times. The latest Post () was by Ghost.

• A good new for argentines citizens and also for expats as well.

Recently, one hour ago, we have been promoted to the B category (Countries in develpment emergent countries), while before we were in the C Cathegory.

Papers in NY Stock exchange of Argentinean companies were growing its value. The money of the IMF has arrived as well.

After all, we shall survive.

Thanks to all members who expressed congratulations today because of the flag day.

• Official Post

Although on the surface this appears to be good news, I've now become as cynical as the average Argentine, so would someone please explain how this will affect the peso in our pockets. And let's not talk about the dollar in our pockets because the average Argentine isn't so lucky, including me.

Utility bills are still going to skyrocket, foreign trips will still be more expensive and prices will continue to rise weekly if inflation doesn't come down.

So, what's new?

• Although on the surface this appears to be good news, I've now become as cynical as the average Argentine, so would someone please explain how this will affect the peso in our pockets. And let's not talk about the dollar in our pockets because the average Argentine isn't so lucky, including me.

Utility bills are still going to skyrocket, foreign trips will still be more expensive and prices will continue to rise weekly if inflation doesn't come down.

So, what's new?

Well. you are right. But there is a novelty. We can gain more confidence between the possible investors, and if the government is serious, improving better conditions to economic growth and reducing the expenses, also inflation will decrease.

What I am trying to say is that now we are a bit better than before.

• At the moment it's nothing more than a propaganda coup for a government that's dashing around putting out flames and trying to repair the damage of the last few weeks.

Furthermore, they made some outrageous election promises in 2015 and now they've been bitten in the ass.

Outrageous campaign promises in the sense that they always knew the promises were impossible to keep, or simply that they haven't been able to live up to them?

• Official Post

They projected 17% inflation for late 2016, zero poverty (with no real time frame) which hasn't fallen in real terms and not to devalue the peso.

The peso has in fact devalued around 82% since they took over and is now the most worthless currency in the world, apart from maybe the Venezuelan bolivar.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather this bunch than the last, but I think they should pay more attention to getting things done than spouting the same old rhetoric.

• I think that the worst mistake of this government was to neglect to tell the country how it was left by the former administration, without any hesitation. Just like Winston Churchill said, however in other context, when he uttered: The battle of France is over. The battle of Britain is about to beginning.

• Do you feel that people’s dissatisfaction with Macri’s Govt is enough to make them return to the K’s next year?

No, definitely not. The peronists wish to get rid from Cristina. She is burnt anyway. Perhaps of it comes what they called a Federalist Peronist (what a term!) and they find a suitable candidate, may be.

But also Macri, launching the abortion debate, in my point of view completely innecessary, has lost many votes. Remember that the Macri´s suppoprt came from the Conservative middle classes and inside them are many people that are anti abortion. (like me)

The problem is that if there is a law that prohibits abortion (that from 1921, with exceptions), the women which committed abortion were never punished. The discussion is that the new law approved by the representatives obliges the doctors to make abortions, and do not accept conscience objections. Many private hospitals also will be closed if they do not give admissions to to abortion. (institutional punishment). And also state hospitals must give priority to abortion to women, even when other ill people have to wait 3 or 4 months to have surgery let´say for a gall bladder stone or any other urgent surgery.

Even, there is a constitutional mess: the present constitution says that life begins at the moment of conception,. Therefore there will be a flood of claims to the Supreme Court to stop this law.

Therefore I foresee a great conflict and another gap between citizens that only will erode tha unity of the nation.

• Regarding opinions on legalized abortion, I am sure that this question has indeed created a divide among citizens, as it did in the United States in the early 1970's -- and continues to do so, to this day, with a large faction of people voting only for a candidate who is anti-choice, regardless of the candidate's views on all other issues. I wish I could say that this divide among Argentine voters will be healed with time, but the example of the United States implies that it may be only one step in greater and greater cultural divisions.

• Be afraid of of the IMF they bring pain and deception and economic disaster.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!