Argentina to import soybeans from the US

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,371 times. The latest Post () was by Ghost.

• I’m missing something important here. The article says that the soybeans that are being imported are a genetically-modified type that can’t be grown legally in Argentina. But does that fact have anything to do with the importation or is it just a detail?

The article also says that the local crop was reduced 20 million tons because of drought. What I’m not getting is if the importation is for local use or for export obligations, and whether the GMO angle was a factor in the decision to import.

• I’m missing something important here. The article says that the soybeans that are being imported are a genetically-modified type that can’t be grown legally in Argentina. But does that fact have anything to do with the importation or is it just a detail?

The article also says that the local crop was reduced 20 million tons because of drought. What I’m not getting is if the importation is for local use or for export obligations, and whether the GMO angle was a factor in the decision to import.

Good question about where the soybeans will ultimately land. The article didn't mention that, so the implication seems to be they are for local use. Or that the reporting is half-assed.

I think the fact that Argentina will be importing genetically altered beans that aren't allowed to be grown at home is just an ironic detail.

• Imported to Argentina to be transferred to China

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!

• very

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!