Is the Me Too movement going too far?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,859 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

AMC has dropped Chris Hardwick from all their shows and Nerdist have obliterated his name from the company he founded following allegations from his ex girlfriend Chloe Dykstra of sexual assault. Yes, allegations.

So now he's guilty till proven innocent and his career is now in limbo. Is it right that an allegation of this nature should result in the halting of someone's means to earn a living?

I'm not saying I disbelieve her, but sometimes one has to wonder about the motivation for going public and the circumstances. If I'd been the head honcho at any of the companies he's involved with, I'd have kept him on till the allegations were substantiated or withdrawn.

This is her very public account of her experiences.

And a very recent article here:

http://comicbook.com/thewalkin…ement-the-wall-game-show/

• It’s predictable and tragic. In today’s world of instant and massive communications, the world moves immediately from “Weinstein’s a sexual predator monster!” to “Fulano said something very mean to me, and I feel I’ve been sexually assaulted!” So, now that we’re all so sensitive and aware, Fulano is deemed to be as bad as Weinstein.

And even worse, for those few of us who still believe in the rules of justice, we are, as Splinter points out above, in a world where no corroboration is needed: accusation equals guilt.

Of course it’s gone too far. It always does.

• Strange juxtaposition: plaintiff's accusation equals guilt, yet perpetrator's admission of assault equals innocence? Is there any possible rational explanation?

Admission of assault? All I saw from him was “ -- but I loved her and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.“

Did I miss something?

And forgive me for insensitivity, if that’s what it is, but her part sounds either the whiniest, stupidest woman in history or someone plotting conniving payback. But I’ll happily defer to our women members and shut up about that if you feel I’m off base.

• Official Post

Admission of assault? All I saw from him was “ -- but I loved her and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.“

Did I miss something?

And forgive me for insensitivity, if that’s what it is, but her part sounds either the whiniest, stupidest woman in history or someone plotting conniving payback. But I’ll happily defer to our women members and shut up about that if you feel I’m off base.

I missed something too, evidently. I haven't read anything anywhere from Chris Hardwick admitting any kind of assault.

• Admission of assault? All I saw from him was “ -- but I loved her and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.“

Did I miss something?

Ah -- sorry. My syntax was ambiguous. I didn't mean that THIS man had bragged about assaulting women. What I meant to say was that it seems rather off that this woman's accusation, and of course some others, seems to amount to an assumption of guilt on the part of this man. And yet -- and yet --

Yet there are men walking free, who on camera have boasted of feeling free to grab any woman by the vagina when the whim strikes. And these men, serial sexual assaulters, get a free pass. Are considered One Of The Guys, in fact.

These two sets of circumstances demonstrate the ethical and legal disconnect we are experiencing in the 21st century.