Right to Try: Patient options on drugs

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,684 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Since almost everything about Trump offends many, anyone have a good/bad opinion on his actions on this? Does he get points, or is it a bad idea?

I saw this bit of news couple of days ago I think it was.

There is of course two sides to almost every situation; however in this particular instance I think President Trump is right.

I am NOT a "fan" of the AMA - and definitely not the APA - but with regard to this issue I have to put aside my own feelings and opinions

on the matter of the medical profession and pharmaceutical companies - and go with a "yes" on this proposal.

There are people "out there" who deserve hope and a chance to "beat the odds" medically speaking - and this proposal of President Trump

will (hopefully) assure that this makes it possible for individuals who are unfortunate to be in such a medical condition that their only hope

is the right to receive experimental drugs.

DJ

• My inner libertarian wants this concept extended to everyone, not just terminals, but it’s definitely the right direction.

• 45th president of the US. He whose name must not be said. The one who insults allies, kisses up to murderers, abuses families seeking asylum in the Land of the Free. Putin's puppet in dismantling the USA and NATO. I can't go on because it is just too painful to contemplate how quickly this democracy is unraveling through his agency, with the complicity of Congress and the apparent approval of the American people.

Today is the Fourth of July. Independence Day in the United States of America.

• 45th president of the US. He whose name must not be said. The one who insults allies, kisses up to murderers, abuses families seeking asylum in the Land of the Free. Putin's puppet in dismantling the USA and NATO. I can't go on because it is just too painful to contemplate how quickly this democracy is unraveling through his agency, with the complicity of Congress and the apparent approval of the American people.

Today is the Fourth of July. Independence Day in the United States of America.

Is it possible you're displeased? You can be frank here.

• Displeased? No. Scared to death about the future, in a country being run by Putin's proxy. With voters in denial about the Intelligence community's assessment that Russia both 1) interfered in the 2016 elections, specifically favoring trump, and 2) is repeating their meddling right now, for the 2018 elections.

Surely you don't welcome another country's interference? Or perhaps you believe Mr. Putin, who says it is all a Witch Hunt? And Kim, who says we can trust him, too -- he is busy dismantling NK's nuclear capability? No, I don't think you fall for any of the lies of these three con men.

• Agree with you Rice 100%. His name must not be spoken.....a/k/a the Comrade, Cadet Bone Spurs, the Orange One, 45.......any negative name will do.

but please — he hates and eschews incivility. To wit, his Thursday night campaign rall inMontana, in which he went beyond his greatest hits, this time ridiculing Poppy Bush and disparaging the dying Senator McCain. Making fun of women who have been sexually assaulted by (other?) men. Also claiming to have won the state of Wisconsin in 2016 election, which he, in actual fact, lost. Facts? Honesty? Civility? Dead.

The world no longer passes any comment when this man lies or shows his intrinsic vulgarity. But I, for one, was really shaken that not one person in that audience had the decency to challenge him. It was all applause and adulation.