TIA: selling your apt edition

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,594 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• An older Argie friend —

Puts his apt in Palermo up for sale and lists it on Zonaprop

For the list prices chooses an absurd price, clearly double (or at least 50% more than) what anyone will pay for it when he does sell it.

His photos are also snapped in two seconds with the house in messiest form so it looks at its worst.

Can you guess the result? Zero inquiries from zonaprop!

And he spends a week complaining to me about it!!! He’s paying pennies for an ad there so clearly his pennies spent mean he should be getting dozens of inquiries per day!

It’s so absurd and so deeply Argentine: He doesn’t even consider the possibility that it could be that his actions (the photos, the price) are discouraging people from calling. The Argentine is never at fault; it’s a nation of perfect angels :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• In the subject, I meant: TIA

Clearly I’ve been reading Reddit too much ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Official Post

Some of the houses we've seen on Argenprop in the 250k range even look like squats. It's also worth pointing out that most of the agents don't have a clue how to shoot house photos, yet even today with fantastic cameras on phones, so many of them are blurry and look as if they were taken with an old Kodak.

PS

A link to the appt would have been handy.

• Splinter

Changed the title of the thread from “TIL: selling your apt edition” to “TIA: selling your apt edition”.
  • It's also worth pointing out that most of the agents don't have a clue how to shoot house photos, yet even today with fantastic cameras on phones, so many of them are blurry and look as if they were taken with an old Kodak.

The photos generally turn out better when the agent gets out of the car to take them.

Or at least slows down when driving by.