My random thoughts on Argentina life over the years

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rice.

• From August 2013

It's never a dull moment here in Argentina.

In the recent primaries the government was given a sound thrashing which bodes badly for them, given the midterm elections in October.

The Kirchner regime has also been the focus of a huge money laundering investigation by numerous journalists, which until recently they declined to comment on.

That is, until last Sunday when the investigation clearly crossed the battle lines by asking serious questions regarding Mrs Kirchner's 2 day, unscheduled stopover in the Seychelles last January.

This produced a furious response from the government in a no holds barred official communique.

There's nothing quite as alarming in politics as a government 'in denial'.

Some interesting quotes from the president recently:

'Argentina's economy is more impressive than that of Canada and Australia'

'Be afraid of God, and me'

'I feel like Napoleon'

'Inflation (and crime) is just a sensation'

• Wait! These are quotes from President Macri???

Argentina's economy is more impressive than that of Canada and Australia'

'Be afraid of God, and me'

'I feel like Napoleon'

'Inflation (and crime) is just a sensation'

These really are quotes from the current president, not the previous one?

Has anyone checked the water intake plumbing in the Casa Rosada, to see if the residents all get lead poisoning?

• Note the 2013 date. The last quote is the giveaway as CFK explains away inflation and crime as “sensations.”

• She also had sensations that in a previous incarnation she was an Egyptian architect because she loves to build things and watch things being built, conveniently omitting that she also liked to crash and burn. And embezzle.

Anyway, she has provided us with at least a modicum of entertainment.

• From Anibal Fernandez in February 2015

"Anibal Fernandez (First sec to the president) on the silent protest march in honour of fiscal Nisman next Wednesday...

' That march will consist of nothing more than drug runners, anarchists and Jew haters.' "

Later that week...

'Nisman (the special prosecutor found dead on Jan 18) lived in a fantasy world playing the hero.'

Anibal Fernandez on Elisa Carrio 'She's dirtier than a potato!'

• Note the 2013 date. The last quote is the giveaway as CFK explains away inflation and crime as “sensations.”

Be still, my heart! I didn’t notice the date, and was afraid Macri was starting to channel his illustrious predecessor. I may need a wee scotch.

• Be still, my heart! I didn’t notice the date, and was afraid Macri was starting to channel his illustrious predecessor. I may need a wee scotch.

I believe someone here can assist with excellent advice.

Glasgowjohn??