Forum updates (Log)

There are 211 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 53,417 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

All major media is now supported. For example, if you want to post a Facebook video, simply copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and paste directly into your post.

https://www.facebook.com/inflightvideo/videos/1926389640709858

• Not a fan of the old-style emoticons/smileys. They look too much like the year 2000 stopped by to pay a visit.

The forum software has excellent support for emoji, should make it easier to put those in. (Currently I have to use my browser to do it, which is easy on the phone but more painful on the desktop).

They look MUCH better than the old style ones. Compare :scratchead: - undeniably cute, yes - with ? .

Just more modern and yes, clearer.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• All major media is now supported. For example, if you want to post a Facebook video, simply copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and paste directly into your post.

https://www.facebook.com/inflightvideo/videos/1926389640709858

I like this feature, thanks! Posted a YouTube link and was happily surprised to see what appeared.

• Ben! "Old style emoticons/smileys?" And here I am still deriving mine from this era!

• Created Argentina Expats Facebook page and added a like button to the main forum page.

We can't ignore social networks.

NOTE: I wanted to include POST #20 here here but system wouldn't allow me to do that.

Well Splinter, if you have had success with Facebook, e.g., helping to spread the word about this forum, then that is good for you!

But I tried it for awhile for 4T Forum, however it did absolutely nothing with regard to actually succeeding in promoting 4T Forum! All I got out of it

were FB Members wanting me to add them to my "friends list"; and basically people who were completely disinterested in 4T Forum but rather

were interested in themselves and how many "likes" and "friends" they could acquire, and other silly stuff.

As though that wasn't enough to discouraged me from using FB, Mark Zuckerberg and I do NOT get along!

When I had a personal FB account (not the 4T Forum Account), he deleted everything within 18 - 24 hours if I said ANYTHING about Palestine.

At 4T Forum, my Staff and I - (basically my friend Jason - Forum Moderator) - will NOT delete a Member's Posts just because we may not like

those posts!

When I - (and my business partner / friend, Kirk) came up with the idea for 4T Forum ( ttttforum . com ) back in 2013 - we set out from the get-go

to offer a forum which would be tolerable of any one's opinion or belief; waive the usual required "Accept" - "Decline Notices"; and stay out of our

Members "bedroom" - so to speak.

The ONLY exception that 4T Staff will stick to is: We will NOT tolerate any ADULTS entering forum categories and posts which have been set aside

specifically for individuals between the ages of14 - 17; nor will allow those individuals between 14 - 17 to enter ADULT categories and forums.

And NO one under 14 is ever allowed to be a member of 4T forum - for legal reasons.

DJ

• Official Post

I see Facebook as simply another tool to use in order to spread the word, nothing else.

And I post threads from here to the Argexpats FB page on a weekly basis and maybe one or two other related groups just to keep reminding others of our presence. As for your forum CruiseJunki , it is by it's very nature a different animal.

• I see Facebook as simply another tool to use in order to spread the word, nothing else.

And I post threads from here to the Argexpats FB page on a weekly basis and maybe one or two other related groups just to keep reminding others of our presence. As for your forum CruiseJunki , it is by it's very nature a different animal.

And deliberately so!

Read the latest Post within the first Category for FULL explanation as to WHY that is so.

• I see Facebook as simply another tool to use in order to spread the word, nothing else.

" 'I see Facebook as simply another tool to use in order to spread the word, nothing else.' "

This may surprise you, but .... yesterday I gave Facebook one more try; meaning I created an account with them.

I wanted it to be strictly a business account (my business name is Arena 69 Enterprises), but even though I clicked on the proper Box

for the type which would fit my business, but the "system" forced me to fill out Both Personal and Business Data Fields.

OK, so I did that. Then after just doing the required minimal for the "personal" section of my Facebook Account, I created a "Page" for the

Business Section, and I called it "Naked Communicator".

I think I made just two minor posts, uploaded photos for Profile and Header, and then right after that I clicked on "About"

(to make an explanation page of what "Naked Communicator" was about.)

But before I could complete this (in other words, before I could click on "submit" or "publish" I guess it is), a message popped up saying:

"We have noticed unusual behavior on your account. We are going to log you out."

Well guess what??? After this, a little later, I tried logging back into my account, but a message kept coming up saying that I was using an

incorrect password.

No, I did NOT forget the password! I had written it down on a sheet of paper and had kept it right in front of me.

Well, okay, I will "change" the Password. That did not work - I tried it four times from about 4PM PST to 8 PM, and again this morning.

It will let me put in the new password, but I cannot access my account - this is the message I keep getting: See Attachment.

I also filed a Ticket for help with this issue, but have not received a reply (not yet anyway).

But FB even makes the statement that they do not answer all "reports".

Frustrating; now I remember why I didn't want to mess around with Facebook any more (after my last incident with them in 2014).

DJ

UPDATE:

It gets worse .... I thought I would try something, so I put in the Search Bar of the browser I was using, "facebook" followed by my actual

full name Facebook demanded when I created my account yesterday.

The Login Page came up, but here is what happened when I put in my email address and Password:

" 'The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed' "

And here is my login URL for FB:

https://www.facebook.com/NakedCommunicator/

• Perhaps the word 'naked'' is anathema on Facebook, and they've tagged you as an undesirable?

If that is true Rice, then Facebook is even more "two-faced" that even I would have imagined.

But here is an additional piece of information which I didn't mention in Post #36 above:

While I was filling out the "About" Page of my Personal Business Account Page of my account with Facebook, the time elapse from when

I had FIRST began filling out my Account, to the time I was on the "About Page" was UNDER 2 hours!

So the message that popped up on the screen saying "suspicious activity" was detected on my account - as the reason for cutting me off /

logging me out - is extremely suspicious in itself!

Additionally, the report I filed - using the official, supplied Report Link provided by Facebook - has gone unanswered;

which does not surprise me in the least.

Just out of curiosity I have thought about going through the process again of setting up an account with Facebook;

if my attempt to create an account with FB were to be blocked, that would make it very clear that Zuckerberg and gang doesn't want me on Facebook!

What a nice guy ..... and this goofball wants to become President of the United States!:rolleyes: May the "gods" forbid it!

DJ