New bullshit law against motorcyclists passed - huge protest today!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,596 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post

Carolina Piparo, the lady who was shot outside a bank 8 years ago and subsequently lost her unborn baby has succeeded in having a bill passed in the BA provincial government which forces motorcyclists to wear a reflective vest with the bike registration on the back and well as the registration plastered onto our helmets.

This has been a perennial issue for years with most of us ignoring the idiotic law, but this time we're riding to the Obelisk (again) at 1700 today to try to make our voices heard.

When Scioli was governor, it was proven to be absolutely useless against so called motochorros who would steal helmets and vests anyway.

It could get noisy on 9 de Julio later today.

https://www.facebook.com/event…73/?active_tab=discussion

• Another stupid law, passed under Scioli's government, is that forbids you to purchase alcoholic beverages from 8:00 PM to 10:00 AM in the supermarkets.

As I like to go to supermarkets early, to avoid long lines at the collection counter, I get frustrated when the lady attendant say that I must wait until 10:00 AM to get a simple bottle of wine or Campari.

If someone wish to get drunk, he will get the beverage a few minutes later. This law does not prevent the growing consumption of alcoholic stuff, especially with the young people.

It seems that they need this to be more smart and be able to have fun.

• A similar stupid law that Argentina shares with many states in the US is that alcohol cannot be sold on election days. If the fear is that people will vote while inebriated, why not just prohibit the sales during voting hours?

• Official Post

Another stupid law, passed under Scioli's government, is that forbids you to purchase alcoholic beverages from 8:00 PM to 10:00 AM in the supermarkets.

As I like to go to supermarkets early, to avoid long lines at the collection counter, I get frustrated when the lady attendant say that I must wait until 10:00 AM to get a simple bottle of wine or Campari.

If someone wish to get drunk, he will get the beverage a few minutes later. This law does not prevent the growing consumption of alcoholic stuff, especially with the young people.

It seems that they need this to be more smart and be able to have fun.

I totally agree! It is so ridiculous when people are holding back with their carts because they are waiting 10AM to be able to checkout their alcohol beverages. I too like to take care of shopping duties early in the morning: there is less people, in summer the temperature is still bearable and this way I am done with it for the day.

Also, if the supermarket doesn't sell it, the night club in front of the supermarket does. Except in the morning when drinkers are asleep and normal people are doing their grocery shopping X/

• Official Post

Not as many as hoped. Maybe 300+?

The core of this law was introduced nationally last year but it's up to each state to decide upon its implementation, with each local municipality deciding on which zones two-up on a motorcycle will not be permitted. So if you travel with a passenger on your bike it may be allowed in one zone but not another as you are passing through on your journey.

It's also not clear in which zones the driver will need to wear a marked helmet and a marked reflective vest (marked=with vehicle reg no#) or simply a marked helmet.

It's also proposed that petrol stations will not be able to sell us fuel if we are not wearing the helmet/vest combination with our motorbike reg stamped on them.

I intend to write an article on this bullshit, so stay tuned.

• Official Post

It's also proposed that petrol stations will not be able to sell us fuel if we are not wearing the helmet/vest combination with our motorbike reg stamped on them.

Curiously, in Mar del Plata very few bikers were wearing a helmet. However, at the petrol station there was a sign saying that bikers must wear helmets.

I had never seen that sign before, actually I always saw the opposite: bikers must take off their helmet when entering the premises to pay, so that their face can be seen.

Now that you mention this proposed law, it might be that they were asking petrol stations to cater only to bikers complying with the road rules...