Bitcoin and Opioids

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,885 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Ugh. As if the US didn't have enough fentanyl floating around without having it come in from other countries.

A hospice nurse told me that when she changes fentanyl patches on her patients, she destroys the used patches to prevent possible abuse by family members. ("Isn't Aunt Sweetie's devotion to her father-in-law exemplary? She is always by his side when the hospice nurse is there!")

• Abuse of prescription drugs is an enormous problem.

I tend to be cynical when the media comes up with The Latest Crisis. (And they have to, because every crisis has a headline half-life before the public gets bored.)

Assuming that any mood-changing drug has always been abused by someone, is it really worse now? Do you think a higher percentage of total population is abusing drugs compared to, say, ten years ago?

• I tend to be cynical when the media comes up with The Latest Crisis. (And they have to, because every crisis has a headline half-life before the public gets bored.)

Assuming that any mood-changing drug has always been abused by someone, is it really worse now? Do you think a higher percentage of total population is abusing drugs compared to, say, ten years ago?

Definitely. Not just mood-changing drugs but pain killers. People started paying attention when middle class white people started overdosing.