From 10PM to 6AM or when its raining heavily, you can ask bus drivers to get off anywhere

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,415 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

This is the first time I hear about this, and I had observed it maybe once or twice, without understanding what was going on.

By law (Ley de tránsito 2148), you can request a bus stop at every corner (instead of at the planned stops) between 10PM and 6AM or at any time of the day in case of heavy rain.

This law dates back to 1968 but most people (and drivers) ignore it. ?( However, you can report if it the driver refuses to obey.

In CABA there is also Ley 5276 from 2015 that adds that this is not affecting Metrobus and stops along Av. 9 de Julio, and between Lima -Bernardo de Irigoyen and Cerrito --Carlos Pellegrini. You can read the short Ley 5276 here.

¿Puedo subir o bajar del colectivo en un lugar distinto al de la parada?

Sólo podés subir o bajar en un lugar distinto al de la parada entre las 22 hs y las 6 de la mañana o cuando llueve.

Fuera de esos casos, tenés que subir o bajar en la parada.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDmV4iQpGfb2q3fgf-FvL3GKeYmb3Jmmyd1UNKlVlG9uICFJxlPg

• serafina

Changed the title of the thread from “From 10PM to 6AM [or when its raining heavily], you can ask bus drivers to get off anywhere (CABA)” to “From 10PM to 6AM or when its raining heavily, you can ask bus drivers to get off anywhere”.
  • This law has been on the books for 50 years, yet the people most affected haven't been taught that they should comply? Upon boarding, do passengers need to hand the drivers a copy of Ley de tránsito 2148?

• Official Post

This law has been on the books for 50 years, yet the people most affected haven't been taught that they should comply? Upon boarding, do passengers need to hand the drivers a copy of Ley de tránsito 2148?

You are now allowed to talk to bus drivers and they cannot take off their eyes from the road, so it is a catch 22. They either come prepared or cannot be 're-programmed' during duty time. ;)

Kiddin'. I read about it on FB as someone has made that post viral, so I googled it and was able to confirm the information. However, other pages (such as newspapers') said that this law is not very well known, by users and drivers alike. :/