Windows Soviet

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,173 times. The latest Post () was by SpaceNut.

• However, I have been told that Russians now are longing for the old system (The Stalinean) and they hate Gorbachov which began with the glasnost and the end of the USSR.

It seems that in those days all were in the same status (very poor of course) but there was not need to work hard and improve your abilities and education. No need to envy anyone.

Of course they knew that there was the "nomenklatura" (new aristocracy) for a few, but it did not matter.

As a witness, I spoke of a Russian of about 50 years old and he told me that when he was a boy he lived in those big, enormous monoblocks with his family and they have to share one bathroom with the neighborg. When I asked him if that was a good thing, he said yes.

Here in Argentina, not being at any time a superpower, the only shared bathrooms were in the "conventillos" in the early 1900. Even the poorest houses (the casas chorizo) had a private bath and a kitchen for exclusive use.

• However, I have been told that Russians now are longing for the old system (The Stalinean) and they hate Gorbachov which began with the glasnost and the end of the USSR.

It seems that in those days all were in the same status (very poor of course) but there was not need to work hard and improve your abilities and education. No need to envy anyone.

Of course they knew that there was the "nomenklatura" (new aristocracy) for a few, but it did not matter.

As a witness, I spoke of a Russian of about 50 years old and he told me that when he was a boy he lived in those big, enormous monoblocks with his family and they have to share one bathroom with the neighborg. When I asked him if that was a good thing, he said yes.

Here in Argentina, not being at any time a superpower, the only shared bathrooms were in the "conventillos" in the early 1900. Even the poorest houses (the casas chorizo) had a private bath and a kitchen for exclusive use.

Been told by whom? They seem to like Putin, and he doesn't seem to like his Communist past

• Official Post

Been told by whom? They seem to like Putin, and he doesn't seem to like his Communist past

They seems to like Putin?

That's the impression he likes to give because the populace, not to mention other politicians dare not speak against him. He crushes those who stand against him and has them banned or locked up.

Like Erdogan of Turkey and Maduro of Venezuela, Putin is a dictator. A very clever and intolerant dictator at that.

• I was told by a Russian aged 50 years, now an American citizen, whose job is a Nuclear Physics engineer in an American State technical staff. All a contradiction!

Menwhile, he has made an understated criticism to the American way of life. Fortunately now he has not to share his bathroom with anyone.

But you know, one always have nostalgic views of his boyhood.

• Splinter

Changed the title of the thread from “Window Soviet” to “Windows Soviet”.
  • They seems to like Putin?

That's the impression he likes to give because the populace, not to mention other politicians dare not speak against him. He crushes those who stand against him and has them banned or locked up.

Like Erdogan of Turkey and Maduro of Venezuela, Putin is a dictator. A very clever and intolerant dictator at that.

Yeah, you're correct, but I assume the majority do like him